Shell Amateur F1 Endurance Cup 2018 [IN DEVELOPMENT]

United States
Earth
The SAFEC 2018 is an upcoming 8-stage biweekly championship centered around de-tuned F1500T-As, pitting players against their co-drivers, other racers and their own dwindling resources as they tackle a 2-hour endurance race. I'm encouraging any and all amateur racers to join, as I'll be using rules and stipulations to make everything as fair and balanced as possible (give or take). I know I'm new here but I've got a handful of experience running a few series' from other forums - that said, I could always use a hand with practically anything, from rewriting rules to hosting lobbies to publicizing this series and anything else. Nothing here is finalized and everything may be subject to change.

All races start at approx. 8 PM EST/5 PM PST
  • April 7th, Blue Moon Bay Infield B
  • April 21st, East Inner Loop
  • May 5th, Interlagos
  • May 19th, Nordschleife GP
  • June 2nd, Suzuka
  • June 16th, Yamigawa + Miyami
  • June 30th, Dragon Trail
  • July 14th, Nurburgring 24hr

SHORT
  • All racers are expected to follow the rules stated within the GTPlanet OLR listed here, unless otherwise contradicted in this thread.
  • By entering the series, you agree to all rules as stated and understand breaking them will result in various degrees of punishment, from warnings to total disqualification from the series.
  • All racers will commit to participating in at least 6 of the 8 races and acknowledge possible disqualification from the series for failing to do so.
  • TL;DR have fun and don't be a jerk. The racing may be virtual, but the friendships are real.
HOUSE RULES
  • Initial Power/Weight: 66/115%
  • Tires: Racing Hard-Soft
  • Fuel/Tire Depletion: 1x/2x
  • Start type: Standing -> Rolling (See RACEDAY below)
  • Tuning: Open
  • Damage: Full & Cosmetic
  • Everything else is subject to change or kept default
SIGNUPS
  • Use the link here to enter into the cup. Players can enter as a team, standalone or reserve - each team must consist of 2 drivers, and both must agree on a team name.
  • Entries for standalone and teams will be open to anyone at any time, outside of within 48 hours of a race, until all slots are full. Entries for reserve drivers are open until the series ends.
  • Signups are limited to 7 teams or 14 racers total, due to lobby restrictions, unless noted otherwise.
LIVERIES
  • Liveries used by drivers must be approved at least 24 hours before a race begins, and cannot be blatantly offensive to any group/person or in bad taste. Drivers who do not have an approved livery will be disqualified from said race.
  • Liveries must be original and created specifically for this series, but do not need to be made by the drivers themselves. Liveries must use number plates 3/4.
  • Liveries must have a believable main sponsor, with decals signifying it on the body and rear wing, along with a Shell logo on the body directly behind the driver's head.
  • A driver's livery must be mostly identical to their co-driver's, to be judged/accepted by me.
PRE-RACE PRACTICE
  • The lobby will open one hour before the race begins, and all drivers are permitted to setup and warmup before the qualifying period begins.
  • The qualifying period begins 30 minutes before the race begins (except for the finalé, with a 45-minute length), and all drivers are permitted to use any tires.
RACEDAY
  • After the qualifying period is over, there will be a 5-minute grace period to finalize any tunes and select the appropriate tires for the race.
  • Once the race begins, all drivers will do one formation lap behind a pace car at 60 mph (aside from the finalé), after which the race will start proper.
    • Should any major accidents occur, the pace car will be ushered onto the track and a full-track yellow flag will be issued until the affected vehicles are repaired and the pace car leaves the track.
  • All racers will report their number along with the tires being replaced and used over a private voice chat/text channel Discord during all pit stops.
  • If for any reason a racer needs to take a break, they will pull over to the side of the road opposite of the normal driving line and activate their hazards until they can continue driving.
POST-RACE
  • After the race is over and the results are tallied, all drivers are free to leave the lobby without repercussion.
  • Every race after the second, the first-place holder on the leaderboard has a choice of adding 2 ticks or removing 2 ticks to their weight/power, respectively. The runner-up takes 1 tick in the unpicked choice.
    • Likewise, the bottom 2 racers can add/remove 1 and 2 ticks to their power/weight if so desired.
POINTS SYSTEM
  • First place will earn X points for themselves and their team, and Xth place will earn 1 point, where X is the number of the last-place finisher for any given race.
    • i.e. 10 racers in event 1 - 10 points to 1st, 9 to second, etc.
  • 1-5 extra points will be awarded to the driver with the fastest qualifying and race laps.
  • Bonus points will be distributed throughout the series for particularly notable events.
  • The points board will be publically viewable on a Google Sheets page linked here (yet to be created).
WINNING THE SERIES
  • The team and driver who win the series will each receive a to-be-decided prize (maybe no prize? I'm kinda broke), along with bragging rights until the next series starts.

Last edited:
Back