Shifters and GTS

• Thread starter DC2_Evan
  • 4 comments
United States
Ohio
OnlySlightlyBad
OnlySlightlyBad
Hey guys, I'm looking at buying the Fanatec shifter for my wheel set up and wanted to know how well it works in GTS, if at all. For GTS I'm more looking for it in sequential mode rather than H pattern. I have PC2 and Assetto Corsa for the H pattern portion of the shifter. Just looking for everyones input. If its not that worth it, maybe I'll hold off for a while on getting it. Thanks in advance!

Admins and mods - if there is already a discussion on this, please delete this or move it to that thread. I did a quick search but did not see anything. Thanks.

I have the Thrustmaster T300 wheel, TP3A pedals and TH8A shifter.

Don't waste your money. The clutch implementation in GTS is abysmal to say the least.

In AC and PC2 it is excellent and in both games you can actually ride the clutch as well. GTS by comparison just doesn't work properly and using the clutch only causes missed shifts and false neutrals. Admittedly I have not tried it for the last few updates but I don't know of anyone that actually enjoys using it in GTS.

If you are only using the sequential part, my question is why bother? The paddles work well enough.

Tip: In PC2 or Dirt Rally you can program the shifter (button re-assign) the hand brake to 4th gear or sequential down and use it as a hand brake. Great for rally or Rally X events ;-)

I have the Thrustmaster T300 wheel, TP3A pedals and TH8A shifter.

Don't waste your money. The clutch implementation in GTS is abysmal to say the least.

In AC and PC2 it is excellent and in both games you can actually ride the clutch as well. GTS by comparison just doesn't work properly and using the clutch only causes missed shifts and false neutrals. Admittedly I have not tried it for the last few updates but I don't know of anyone that actually enjoys using it in GTS.

If you are only using the sequential part, my question is why bother? The paddles work well enough.

Tip: In PC2 or Dirt Rally you can program the shifter (button re-assign) the hand brake to 4th gear or sequential down and use it as a hand brake. Great for rally or Rally X events ;-)
For gts I would use the sequential more for preference over the paddles, but I do have pc2 and ac so I could still have the use of the traditional H pattern

A shifter will let you choose what gear your car gets dumped into coming out of auto-drive. its worth every penny for that, esp. in sport mode which just loves to start you rolling in 1st gear.

I don't mind using an H pattern shifter in GTS but only for fun. I've found that the clutch and shifter work well when you take your time shifting. I use the paddle shifters when racing in sport mode or trying to set times because its too easy to shift too quickly and miss a gear or end up in neutral. However when I get it right I'm faster with it. To me it adds a bit of realism. If you go jamming gears in a real car you'll screw up the syncros and/or miss a shift so that doesn't really bother me in GTS. I enjoy driving older cars with the H pattern, just can't get too eager or in a rush!!!!

Back