Shifting issues

• Thread starter Biggles
  • 1 comments
Simcoeace
Really enjoy AC, but I have had an annoying problem which led me to stop playing for a couple of years. It appears as though the clutch pedal stopped working on my TH8A shifter. This is due (I believe) to a problem with the potentiometer. So I put the clutch on automatic, but still use the shifter. It seems to work fine that way ... but on some cars, most notably the RUF Yellowbird, it is almost impossible to shift from 1st to 2nd without grinding the gears - it CAN be done but after many, many many tries I still can't RELIABLY do this shift without grinding the gears.

Does anybody else experience this? I'm wondering if this is a quirk in the game, a quirk of the car, or somehow a result of the lack of clutch ... even though it is set to be disabled in the game? Any other experiences to share please?

Finally figured it out. Some of the older cars (notably the Ruf CTR) require a shift to neutral before putting in gear. Basically, years of playing "simcade" racers like GT have accustomed me (& I'm sure many others) to simplified physics that ignore many aspects of driving mechanics - like just slamming the gears. AC is much more demanding in that respect.

Back