Shifts arent going into gear sometimes

• Thread starter jdmnsprd
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
So I started doing the beginner licenses with the mx5 and im using a wheel with the TH8A shifter. So when I put in the clutch to shift to 2nd gear it wont go into gear. I make sure the clutch is pressed then shift but still it just goes into Neutral. This is really frustrating since im hoping its not my shifter since i just paid $150 for it. Is this a bug in the game?

You are probably shifting too fast. This happens to me also and I just have to shift slower. I do think it is set too slow though...

This is down to PD setting realistic limits to gear changes and not the limits of the wheel/shifter.

You are probably shifting too fast. This happens to me also and I just have to shift slower. I do think it is set too slow though...

This is down to PD setting realistic limits to gear changes and not the limits of the wheel/shifter.
You're probably right because when I shift slow it does go into gear but its not consistent because it would sometimes catch it when I shift fast idk I hope its just me if not I hope they fine tune it with a patch

This issue dates back to GT6 (And I even think GT5 as well) and shifting with the clutch - same issues with my T500RS/TH8 setup since back in the day.

My T500 is one of the first delivered in the US and had this issue from the very first boot up wit GT6.

They have coded the "synchro" part of the game engine too exact, and unlike real life where you can lightning shift, in GT6/7 you need to be very slow and methodical.

I think it's a bug cos it happens in driving school, but not in other modes. I was able to shift quickly and have it work in other modes, but in driving school, I gave up and just went with paddles.

I have it occur in all areas of the game. Even while in VR competition against the AI around the Nurburgring.

Back