Shiny Decal Found?

• Thread starter Eh Team
  • 3 comments
Canada
It's cold here
The_EH_Team_43
So as the title suggests I think I found a shiny decal in the game, but I'm not completely sure how to make one.

Firstly PD made the in game Eneos decal shiny, which aggravated me when I went around to the shaded side to place a decal of what I thought to be the same colour. So I search the decal uploads and find this decal, same thing, I colour match one side, flip to the other and I see it shining, though not as bright as the PD one, on the door sill of the Subaru I'm painting. Can anyone explain this?

So as the title suggests I think I found a shiny decal in the game, but I'm not completely sure how to make one.

Firstly PD made the in game Eneos decal shiny, which aggravated me when I went around to the shaded side to place a decal of what I thought to be the same colour. So I search the decal uploads and find this decal, same thing, I colour match one side, flip to the other and I see it shining, though not as bright as the PD one, on the door sill of the Subaru I'm painting. Can anyone explain this?
If you want actually shiny decals (metallic, chrome, etc), you need to use negative decals with a base colour that's metallic, chrome, etc.

7431502346484483588_0.jpg

I'm hoping they add shiny decals to GT7. I never understood why we can have shiny/metallic paint, but not decals. it'd make things SO much easier.

I'm hoping they add shiny decals to GT7. I never understood why we can have shiny/metallic paint, but not decals. it'd make things SO much easier.
Won't happen. Shiny/Metallic is a rendering effect and not contained within a decal image file (SVG or PNG). To do that PD would have to come up with their own decal creator including their own XML tags, which would probably be ****, like the the track creator app.

Back