Should electric cars be in Need for Speed Payback?

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
Should electric cars be in Need for Speed Payback?

With the addition of new tuning opportunities coming up all the time, is it time for the arrival of an electric powered Tuner? It will be interesting to see how the confirmed Hybrid "koenigsegg Regera" fits into the need for speed line-up.

Examples of Electric Tuning -

Motor Controller Packs:
Changing a controlling pack can increase motor efficiency and performance
Economy Standard Controller > Sports Controller > Race Controller

Higher Current Motor Cables:
Changing the motor cables can increase electrical efficiency like better spark plug leads for example.

Motor Cooling:
Adding an Inter-cooler to supply coolant to the motors for better motor efficiency and
performance

Suspension & Tyres:
- Better suspension aids handling and cornering efficiency
- Better tyres increase acceleration and traction

Weight Reduction
Reducing cars weight as per usual to increase range & performance

Transmission
- Being able to change the ratio of the single gear
- Straight cut gears to give a transmission whine (Refer to tesla/saleen) - creates a unique noise similar to a supercharger Whine

Body Kits & Wheels
- Aero-effecient body kits can increase speed and reduce drag
- Reducing wheel weight can aid performance and handling

Below is part of a Nismo tuning Pack for a Nissan Leaf:
nissan-leaf-nismo-performance-package-062513.jpg

Below is a comparison list between a "nissan leaf" and other cars already confirmed in Need For Speed Payback

Chevrolet Bel Air, 1955

Power: 104.5 kw (140 hp)
Torque: 285 N.m (210 lb.ft)
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) time: 15.0 secs
Top Speed: 152 km/h (94 mph)
1/4 mile: 19.7 secs

Nissan Leaf Specifications (Stock Configuration)

Power: 80 kw (110 hp)
Torque: 280 N.m (209 lb.ft)
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) time: 9.7 secs
Top Speed: 150 km/h (93 mph)
1/4 mile: 17.3 secs

Toyota GT86, 2012
Power: 147 kw (197 hp)
Torque: 205 N.m (151 lb.ft)
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) time: 7.6 secs
Top Speed: 225 km/h (140 mph)
1/4 mile: 15.1 secs

It would be a ground-breaking attempt for them to include such things. I personally am not a fan of electric vehicles. I suppose it has its place as a hybrid supplement like they are doing in some hypercars now, but it's not a feature I'm clamoring for.

The presence of electric cars in arcade racing games is more than justified and I'd love to see them in Payback. The cars at the top of my wishlist would be the Tesla Model S (plenty of customisation options available), Renault Zoe e-Sport and Rimac Concept One.

Electric cars are getting attention of tuners and aftermarket parts manufacturers, so... Why not!

A good example of how engine tuning can be implemented for electric vehicles in videogames comes from Ride 2, of all games.

Would be interesting to see, but my main problem with electric cars is that not many of them are quite good looking (at least to me).

If they keep the level of customization consistent with them compared to the rest of the car list, I don't have any problem with them being in NFS.

If the Tesla Roadster from Most Wanted '12 was decent enough, then I don't mind but as long as the customization is good for electric cars.

If any electric car is going to make it to the NFS Payback roster, my money's on the Rimac Concept_One:

rimac-concept-one-2.jpg

Possibly the best-looking electric car created.

If the Tesla Roadster 2.5 Sport and the Tesla Model S are in Need For Speed Edge/Online, than yes, bring them into Need For Speed Payback! Car lists are great when they have variety!

Yeah why not, I love to see tons of electric cars in a new NFS game, hopefully they will be electric cars in the future NFS title.

Last edited:
Back