Should Group 7 cars be in a class of their own?? (Mazda 787b, Jaguar XJR, etc.)

• Thread starter Its No Use
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
Sonic54978
P-class racing in Forza 6 was absolutely terrible... if you weren't in a Group 7 car like the Mazda 787b or Jaguar XJR, then your chances of actually being competitive in those races were thrown.

I personally think these Group 7 cars should be in a class of their own, or at least be moved to the X-class with Formula One and Indycars.

I quite like the mixing of classes, reminds me of Gran Turismo.

On a sidenote, nice avi :)

I quite like the mixing of classes, reminds me of Gran Turismo.

On a sidenote, nice avi :)
I guess so... but those poor LMP1 cars, they never get a chance to shine in multiplayer :c

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Glad to see another Acceleracers fan here ;D

The prototype class sure should be split up, or maybe the entire class system would need an overhaul with a class (e.g LMP1) and a parent class (e.g Endurance Prototypes) and then you could set up races for a specific class or the entire parent class as you would prefer.

Judging from the prototype cars in FM6 this would be my ideal structure:

LMP1 (both LMP1-H and LMP-L)
LMP2 (including DP)
LMP900
Group C

I would like the opportunity to use and combine multiple classes.

This would allow you to create races like 70's cars v 80's cars, or US cars v German cars etc. Being able to combine classes would be good too, so you could combine a class for UK cars with a chosen GT class to create a race for UK GT cars, or 90's cars with Hot Hatches and so on.

I think if they allowed us to create our own races and events that way it would add a tonne of replayability.

To be fair, none of these cars raced under Group 7 classification... This is important, as the actual Group 7 racecars in the game are equally outclassed by vintage F1 racers and modern GT racers in R class. Which leads to my point: performance classes are ultimately useless when you're having such a varied range of cars.
P class includes vehicles such as Daytona Prototypes / LMP2s and even trackday cars such as the Caparo T1, which have no hope in hell to compete with any top-tier prototype; on the other hand, in X class the Gr. C protos would be absolutely and mercilessly trounced by modern F1 or even Indy cars. A division by category would be much fairer, provided that the prototypes were finally split by decade just like vintage formula racers are. Hopefully we'll see something like that happen on hopper lobbies in FM7...

I would like the opportunity to use and combine multiple classes.

This would allow you to create races like 70's cars v 80's cars, or US cars v German cars etc. Being able to combine classes would be good too, so you could combine a class for UK cars with a chosen GT class to create a race for UK GT cars, or 90's cars with Hot Hatches and so on.

I think if they allowed us to create our own races and events that way it would add a tonne of replayability.
So, blueprints, from FH3.
I like that idea.

I think it would also be more useful in a game like FM7 than FH3.

I would be OK with adding another class at the high end to better split up the racecar classes. Perhaps P1 and P2 to act like the LMP1 and LMP2 classes in Le Mans

Latest Posts

Back