Should GT4 be released for mobile?

North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
There have been many classic games that were released for mobile, such as Sonic CD and GTA: SA. I was thinking the same for GT4. Can you imagine that you would be racing the 24 Hours of Nurburgring instead of flicking birds? I can. Besides, Sony has this PS Moblie thing. You want GT4 to release on iOS, Android, or WP8? Discuss here.

Last edited:
Because of how much of a licencing nightmare it would be (think of how much stuff didn't return for GT5), it's doubtful Sony could even rerelease it on PSN (just like with all of the other games in the series that weren't released on PSN at the same time as on disc); and they would never release it for platforms they don't control.

Last edited:
I think porting GTPSP would be a better idea, but as Tornado said, it'd still be a bit on a headache.

Because of how much of a licencing nightmare it would be (think of how much stuff didn't return for GT5), it's doubtful Sony could even rerelease it on PSN (just like with all of the other games in the series that weren't released on PSN at the same time as on disc); and they would never release it for platforms they don't control.
not to mention the monumetal porting job and how the PS2's architecture is a complete and utter different ball game to that of x86 and ARM.

The memory bandwidth itself poses a massive headache without even considering that, most mobile platforms even struggle with emulating the PS1 thus far.

it would more likely be a cut down version of GT6 that would get onto a mobile format, like the Call of Duty games have been

PS Vita- yes.

iPhones- NO! The controls won't work effectively, it won't run all too well and it'll also have a much too cluttered HUD- not to mention the removal of quite a few things to save space.

Back