Should I buy a wheel for GT6 now? Or is it too late?

Discussion in 'GT6 Drifting' started by KNIGHTFURY26, Apr 9, 2015.

1. KNIGHTFURY26

KNIGHTFURY26

After 4 or so months of not playing ps3 at all I'm back at it. I love drifting, and Im pretty good at it, I want a wheel but I would like your opinions, Should I buy a wheel or wait for GT7 and get the PS4 and Wheel then. Also, which is better, G27 or GT3 fanatec w\ XL package? Help!

2. tori

tori

I'd say wait. By the time you've learned to drift (long and tedious process) GT7 will be out. I've had my wheel since Christmas (2014, last year) and still struggle to drift... People make it looks easy but it definitely isn't. And yes, I've tried literally everything I could find. Perfect with a controller, perfect in real life, complete fail with the wheel on GT6 when it comes to drifting. Anyways, like I said, I'd wait. Also, I have a G27 and find it quite satisfying.

3. GTGranpa

GTGranpa

Also consider that Logitech current wheels will NOT BE COMPATIBLE with GT7.
    Thrustmaster only.

tori likes this.
  4. riverfiver

riverfiver

you never know
    I hope they invent samething that will be compatible
    if not bye bye GT7

5. AAO_Maxxis

AAO_Maxxis

Get a g27, stay on gt6 if you want or go play rfactor, much better game with online drifting

tori likes this.
  6. Isho

Isho

I'd say get a thrustmaster wheel. You'll probably have full compatibility with most games coming out in the future. They already have adapters for G27 that will allow you to play on PS4 but its pretty useless when drifting due inputlag.

Lock2Lock likes this.
  7. Rubencho

Rubencho

buy a G27, it's great value for money and besides GT7 is no where near so you can start saving for a fully compatible PS4 wheel

seuksavanh_v likes this.
  8. SVPSkins

SVPSkins

yes and if you do get a Logitech G27, Got one for myself at Xmas and its brilliant. At only £215(what i paid at PC World) its really worth it. strong built and feels solid, easy to use and setup.