Should i buy another GT3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ducati
  • 5 comments
  • 522 views
Messages
260
I currently have the NTSC version of the game, and despite all the searching i did....i didn't find an answer to this question...

I saw a "PAL" version at the pawn shop today, and did some searching about what it was (so you guys wouldnt nail me for being wrong :lol: )

I read that each version has exclusive F1's etc. and was wondering if i should pick that copy up as well (it was only 10 bucks) Can i transfer all the F1's between the 2 versions? or will that not work?

in short...is it worth my while to grab the pal version as well ? or is it just the same game 100%?
 
This is an interesting question. It would be interesting to know for instance if you can have a PAL gamesave and an NTSC gamesave on the one memory card.

Is you PS2 capable of playing PAL games ?

I have heard that some of the coding is common eg some of the code for the F1 cars like F094s etc is in the PAL version and can be hacked out.

But in summary I think you should only assume that if you get it you have 2 separate games and that you can not transfer cars between the 2.

If you have 2 separate memory cards you could try trading but I doubt it will work.

In all I guess the question is do you have a better use of $10.
 
Yeah, PAL games are formatted for European/Australian consoles and NTSC are American versions, so I'm not sure if PAL will work on your system.
 
PAL will not work unless you have a PAL TV, and i believe, PAL electric sockets...which in America they don't have. Or you could buy a chip for your PS2.
 
NTSC Game save will not work on PAL coded games never will on any game!....and u cant trade cars over either, had the same problem with gt2 NTSC version and i bought the PAL version and tried to load my save up and wouldnt recognise it!....SOLUTION "GET PS2 CHIPPED!"......then u have best of both worlds "RECOMMENDS MESSIAH 2 CHIP!"
 
you guys rock once again....i love a forum that actually answers my question, but also re-inforces it with personal experiences etc.

heh....i guess i feel sorry for the sucker who buys the PAL version un-knowingly! :lol:
 
Back