Should I / Can I open a 2nd account?

• Thread starter Apollo33
  • 10 comments
United States
PA
GTP_Apollo33
I used a 3-months-for-$12 deal in June to try out iRacing, and I've been enjoying it. I was thinking about buying the Skippy and 5 tracks and doing that series right now. But next month I'll need to start paying for membership and there probably won't be a sale until Black Friday, if at all. So I was thinking it might be a better idea to open a new account with the year + F1 + 2 tracks for $75 deal, and then to buy the Skippy and tracks on top of that.

My concerns are that it might be against the rules, I might end up with a '2' at the end of my name on the new account (anyone know how that works?), and maybe the savings aren't that great if I can find a $49/year deal in the near future. What are people's thoughts?

If you do end up going with a 2nd account, Cadillac has a fantastic promotion, allowing you 6 months for free, along with Mosport, Infineon, and Mid Ohio, all you have to do is fill out a quick little survey and you receive a promo code in your email

https://cadillaccupracing.com/

I would stick it out with the current account. It is against the rules to have multiple accounts, but iRacing doesn't crack down on that too much because that's income. Its a problem when the second account is there to cause problems...

I would stick it out with the current account. It is against the rules to have multiple accounts, but iRacing doesn't crack down on that too much because that's income. Its a problem when the second account is there to cause problems...

agreed, you gotta pay to play. opening another account basically makes to start all over again.

I saw a similar question in the iRacing forums. I do not now if it is true, but some people stated that some of the top racers have multiple accounts. One account to keep their DWC/Pro status and a second/third/etc. account so they can enter other races/events without having to worry about effects on their main account license.

Well it has that many accounts probably and I would guess only half or less are active.

I was an administrator on a 3D web site and we had 25k members at one time and we cleaned up the site at our 10 year mark, we went from 25k to 6k with only 900 active members. :)

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll stick with this account since it's only ~$25 in savings and I got to Class C already. I still can't decide if I can afford this service, though. I think I'd prefer a (slightly) higher monthly cost with everything included, or maybe a way to pay for each series you want to be in. It just annoys me that I could pay $74 for the Skippy and 5 tracks and there would still be a couple weeks I couldn't participate in!

Seems to be about 2800 racers online every evening 6-10pmish for the last week or so (EST). I expected weekend numbers to be higher but there seems to be no increase..

I'm planning on buying stuff in groups of three, as needed... I think, in the end, it's worthwhile...

Back