Should I just give it up?

• Thread starter Sven
  • 6 comments
Well, after getting my PS2 back from repairs, I got DVD-R video discs to play, which wouldn't before. So then I thought, "hey if the GTC disc I have is DVD9, that probably doesn't work with Swap Magic. So if DVD5-Rs work, and I were to burn Concept onto a DVD5, wouldn't that work?"

Well, no. After burning a copy onto a DVD5 I still got the same result. Is there some trick to copying games that I missed? Should I just give up trying to make GTC Tokyo-Geneva work?

Games have copyright protection on them, usually (but I'm not an expert here so I could be wrong) you have to have the rquiered software that unlocks certain files on the g\me disk that won't copy over normally and thast the game wont work without,.

I thought the swap procedure would take care of that problem?

edit: I just looked at the original disc again. There seems to be about 51000 bytes of data on the disc that aren't on the 4 files. I'm assuming that's where I'm missing stuff. Now I just need to figure out how to get at that and transfer it to a DVD-R...any hints (using Mac OS X 10.3)?

Or maybe, could someone just send me a proper DVD5 copy of GTC? I'll pay for the disc and shipping.

I'm not sure but I think that falls under piracy. I'm afraid it's against the rules to discuss that on this site.

GTC 2002 Tokyo Geneva Japanese/Asian version is Encoded to play on a Original Japanese PS/2 Only! You can play a Pal Version with your Swap Magic or Moded PS/2 but not the Japanese/Asian version, It will not work! The Pal version or 2001 want be a problem for you.

Latest Posts

Back