Should I Re-Buy Gran Turismo 5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter A-SpecUA6
  • 5 comments
  • 1,755 views
Messages
31
Messages
Richardo2990
Hey guys,

I had sold my slim ps3 and gt5 a while back because I thought I would not play the ps3 anymore. Now I just bought a fat ps3 (backwards compatible) to play the gran tursmo 4 series and after playing a bit of that, I want to get back into gt5. :guilty:
I heard that your psn account is connected with your gt5 savedata. The thing is, I lost the actual backup copy of my gt5 savedata. So I was wondering if my psn account will be able to fetch my savedata if I re-buy gt5 without any actual backup data copy. I was pretty far in the game, 20mil credits, all gold in a-spec events except endurance, all gold in license tests and a bunch of rare cars. :nervous:

Any help would be much appreciated.
 
nope... you need your back up save. why did you sell your ps3? just to get a fat ps3?
 
It won't fetch your save data unless you have ps+ and cloud saved it which I'm assuming you don't have. Looks like you will need to start over.
 
nope... you need your back up save. why did you sell your ps3? just to get a fat ps3?

Darn, ok. Well I sold it because I was really busy with work but since I quit one of my jobs I have some spare time to play. So then I decided to buy a fat ps3 because it has the backwards compatability and I REALLY wanted to play gt4.

It won't fetch your save data unless you have ps+ and cloud saved it which I'm assuming you don't have. Looks like you will need to start over.

Bummer. You are right, I do not have ps+ or cloud. Although I heard that when psn comes back online, Sony will give us a month free of ps+ as a welcome back gift. But I'm sure that still won't work because I didn't have ps+ back at the time when I was playing gt5.
 
The PSN+ Cloud Save feature works like a USB backup on an internet server that your PS3 can access.

Getting free PSN+ access won't help because you didn't make the back up. Sorry!
 
The PSN+ Cloud Save feature works like a USB backup on an internet server that your PS3 can access.

Getting free PSN+ access won't help because you didn't make the back up. Sorry!

Yea that's what I was thinking.

Thanks.
 
Back