Should I reset to fix Daily Workout Bug?

• Thread starter Dezonus
  • 2 comments
Australia
Australia
So I got the game soon after Launch (with the neat Gran Turismo Controller). I put it down a few months in, picked it up again recently. Seems I'm affected by the Daily Workout Bug as detailed here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/daily-workout-gift-bug.391216/

Sounds like the only way to fix it is to wipe my save, but I'm hearing conflicting reports as to whether it's worth it or not. So, I'll tell you where I'm at, and people can weigh on on what they reckon.

I have 3 Gr.3, 2 Gr.4, 1 Gr.B, 2 VGT, a kart, a Tesla, and 20 assorted road cars.
Almost Level 20, 1.38m Credits, 21061 Mileage.
GT League 9, Driving School 50%, Mission Challenge 54%, Circuit Experience 5%
10 Car Liveries
And I don't play online.

So, should I reset my save, and if so how do I do that?

So I got the game soon after Launch (with the neat Gran Turismo Controller). I put it down a few months in, picked it up again recently. Seems I'm affected by the Daily Workout Bug as detailed here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/daily-workout-gift-bug.391216/

Sounds like the only way to fix it is to wipe my save, but I'm hearing conflicting reports as to whether it's worth it or not. So, I'll tell you where I'm at, and people can weigh on on what they reckon.

I have 3 Gr.3, 2 Gr.4, 1 Gr.B, 2 VGT, a kart, a Tesla, and 20 assorted road cars.
Almost Level 20, 1.38m Credits, 21061 Mileage.
GT League 9, Driving School 50%, Mission Challenge 54%, Circuit Experience 5%
10 Car Liveries
And I don't play online.

So, should I reset my save, and if so how do I do that?
Ultimately the bug doesn't really affect anything. You still get cars for the various licence/mission/course completions, and most of the time the Wheel of Misery will simply gift you a Honda Civic, a Hyundai Genesis, or a Toyota S-FR. High value cars are exceptionally unusual, and the highest value cars almost never happen, so it's not saving you a great deal of time and credits. There is a single car that you will never have access to if you don't have Daily Workout gifts, which is a dirty version of a car you can buy normally, and it almost never drops in the Roulette of Pain either.

That essentially means that you gain very little - you might, every six months or so, pick up a car worth 2-3 million, which saves you the 90 minutes you'd need to drive to earn enough to buy it - and lose all the time you have put in so far.

I would agree to a large extent however the game does like to gift Gr3 and 4 cars all over the place and this is a great in that you dont have to spend $350-$450k on a car when you can just save for the cars you really need.

Further it has gifted me the F1500 and the W08 which I really dont want to pay for and I think I got two of the Gr2 cars which are $800k each.

Occasionally you get gifted high dollar cars like the Pagani, LaFerrari and McLaren F1 so you dont have to pay for those,

Back