should i sell my ps3 super slim and upgrade my pc with that money?

  • Thread starter Thread starter neelmehta
  • 13 comments
  • 1,299 views
Messages
4
India
India
i just bought a ps3 super slim and well.... it sucks :banghead: i have a pc with:
2gb ram
INTEL R CORE 2 DUO CPU E7500@2.93GHZ
NO GRAPHIC CARD
500 GB HARD DRIVE

i was thinking of buying a 6gb ram and a good graphic card plus and...sigh.... intel i3.....
 
i just bought a ps3 super slim and well.... it sucks :banghead: i have a pc with:
2gb ram
INTEL R CORE 2 DUO CPU E7500@2.93GHZ
NO GRAPHIC CARD
500 GB HARD DRIVE

i was thinking of buying a 6gb ram and a good graphic card plus and...sigh.... intel i3.....

If you think the PS3 sucks and you don't want it... this is probably the best time of year to persuade somebody to buy it as a present. Apart from that it's a crap time of year to sell one, but then it'll be even worse in January ;)

Then use the money to invest in upgrades for the PC.
 
I can't imagine you'll get much money for your PS3 at this point.
 
Depending on what sucks with the PS3, you may also be disappointed with your PC.

Also, if I recall correctly, none of the i3 processors would work with your motherboard socket (775 that the E7500 uses). If your motherboard supports it, you would have to go to a Core 2 Quad. There's also the question if your power supply would be able to handle a graphics card, etc.
 
If I were you I'll stick with my PS3 until I save enough money not to upgrade but to buy a better PC.
 
Depending on what sucks with the PS3, you may also be disappointed with your PC.

Also, if I recall correctly, none of the i3 processors would work with your motherboard socket (775 that the E7500 uses). If your motherboard supports it, you would have to go to a Core 2 Quad. There's also the question if your power supply would be able to handle a graphics card, etc.
So how much will it cost for a new motherboard that supports it...I'll get 16000 rupees that's around 266$ will I be able to afford it??
 
I can't imagine you'll get much money for your PS3 at this point.
I'll get around 266$... I'm not quite sure If it'll be enough(ofc I'm including all my games)
 
Which i3 processor would it be?
 
just a quick note my other half found a brand new PS3 for £39! probably worth keeping and sell in 20yrs
 
brand new PS3 for £39!

???

I'm fairly sure you can't get a new PS3 for anywhere near that money.

IIRC, they're just under £170 now.
 
???

I'm fairly sure you can't get a new PS3 for anywhere near that money.

IIRC, they're just under £170 now.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 34
Wow, that's actually pretty shocking.
 
You probably made a mistake buying that PS3.

I wouldn't bother dumping a ton of money into that computer either.
 
Back