Should I upgrade from DFGT to G27?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wills2084
  • 9 comments
  • 1,055 views
Messages
244
Messages
lengthybaton
I own and love a DFGT, but I'm thinking of maybe upgrading to the G27. Is there a big difference between the two? I am not really interested in the 6 speed shifter. Although its cool, I use the paddles simply because its tons faster. How do the wheels compare for realistic feeling wise? Has anyone compared them side by side? Thanks!
 
If you play just GT5, no...

But if you play games like iRancing, rFactor ... Yes
 
I just wish I could buy a DFGT nevermind upgrade to G27, they are all sold out over here in UK and Ireland. I hope someone can help with your question but count yourself lucky for even owning a DFGT :P
 
We've got both, I've got a G27 and my missus has a DFGT, and although the G27 feels more solid (and is quieter) there isn't that much difference. In fact, as I said somewhere else, if I had to rplace the G27 I'd probably go for another DFGT.

HTH
Steve
 
I went from a DFGT to a G25 personally and felt that the pedal set made a huge difference. The steering wheels are comparable though although the G25 is just a tad smoother.
 
Im also considering upgrading my DFGT. But I've been looking at the Fanatec GT3 RS V2. All of the negative feedback about the company and problems with the wheels makes me very hesitant though.
 
Im also considering upgrading my DFGT. But I've been looking at the Fanatec GT3 RS V2. All of the negative feedback about the company and problems with the wheels makes me very hesitant though.

What negative feedback are you finding?

I want a wheel that can be used on both the PS3 and XBOX and Fantac was about the only one. Now that you say that...well given that kind of cabbage I am even more hesitant to purchase.
 
What negative feedback are you finding?

I want a wheel that can be used on both the PS3 and XBOX and Fantac was about the only one. Now that you say that...well given that kind of cabbage I am even more hesitant to purchase.

Not sure if negative feedback was the right way to put it. But if you look at all the threads about fanatec here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163 & even more on the iracing forums, it's just one horror story after another. Either problems with shipping delays or wheels failing within a couple days of use.

Disappointing really, cause their wheels sound like they work great when you can actually get one and it functions properly.
 
I had a DFGT for a week and returned it because it felt like a piece of junk. I know 100 isnt much but it was so noisy it would wake my roomates up. I got a G27 for 191 on that Logitech glitch and it puts it to shame. Its nearly silent and is far better.

Short answer: yes
 
Not sure if negative feedback was the right way to put it. But if you look at all the threads about fanatec here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163 & even more on the iracing forums, it's just one horror story after another. Either problems with shipping delays or wheels failing within a couple days of use.

Disappointing really, cause their wheels sound like they work great when you can actually get one and it functions properly.

Well, that's a bummer! Would hate to have over 500 invested in something that is questionable. Thanks for the information. Guess its a G27 :indiff:
 
Back