Should Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmaster to make an F1 Wheel

• Thread starter UK-Gamer
  • 13 comments
England
London
F1 Games are going to become popular, so why dont these brands make an F1 Wheel, something like this...

For Logitech

http://www.finemodelcars.com/hi-res...-22A Little Steering/MP4-22 1-4 wheel 01.jpg

For Fanatec

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/vill_nurb_bmw_2006.jpg

For Thrustmaster

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/29989243_901b5c03ba_o.jpg

Obviously not with all of the functions. Buttons would be nice though, a rev light indicator will be good... to strech, a screen with your speed.

This is probably far-fetched but the creativity in my mind sprung when I just had the inability to picture myself playing with a Ferrari road car wheel, or standard logitech or a Porsche road wheel.

Pedals will be a 2 set metal maybe not like CSP, but G27's, except F1 design.

It will also have good paddles (G27 because I like hearing the click ;) )

This is what I'd like to see and a price reigon of £200 for the set.

Good grips aswell.

AGAIN THIS IS FAR FETCHED

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some out there.

A relatively old generation wheel:
joytech-williamsf1-team-force-feedback-racing-wheel-20050729053825193-000.jpg

http://gear.ign.com/articles/637/637771p1.html

& (this one is custom though):
6006Proto_5.jpg

PS I have a 23" 16x9 monitor and that 1st image you posted is still too big to see easily. You might want to resize it down for viewing ease.

On my iPod its good, but on my PC it was a problem... Sorry, I'm a newbie so how do you resize?

Since I am a PS3 user, I'd like PS3 compatability, does that first one that you posted have that?

5139N7Y724L._SS500_.jpg

That was the williams f1 wheel for ps2. It was made by joytech. I think we could get a wheel since f1 2009 came with a wheel
wii-wheel.jpg
No pedals though, and it was physically impossible to use KERS and manual transmission at the same time. Which is annoying because you have to on a straight.

5139N7Y724L._SS500_.jpg

That was the williams f1 wheel for ps2. It was made by joytech. I think we could get a wheel since f1 2009 came with a wheel
wii-wheel.jpg
No pedals though, and it was physically impossible to use KERS and manual transmission at the same time. Which is annoying because you have to on a straight.

Well PS3, PC & X360 standards are MUCH higher than the Wii's, who would actually like a F1 steering wheel good (like I describe in my original post)? I definitely would because as I said, I can't bring myself round to using a road-car wheel for a F1 car.

I'd be amazed if this isn't looked at for the next F1 game. Apparently F1 2010 has gone gold already for Xbox 360 versions, and is almost gold for the PS3.

If you're willing to pay the big bucks, they're already out there as mods to the G25/27:

For example the ARC GP2 wheel:

Arc_Wheel_GP2_Al_4b951f3b801cc.jpg

ARC Wheel F1

Here's a homemade solution (Loaaaads on youtube):

Basically, it shows it can be done by the big manufacturers, problem might be price, if you want anything decent anyway.

If you're willing to pay the big bucks, they're already out there as mods to the G25/27:

For example the ARC GP2 wheel:

Arc_Wheel_GP2_Al_4b951f3b801cc.jpg

ARC Wheel F1

Here's a homemade solution (Loaaaads on youtube):

Basically, it shows it can be done by the big manufacturers, problem might be price, if you want anything decent anyway.

Nice.
btw the circuit he is driving is albert park.

On my iPod its good, but on my PC it was a problem... Sorry, I'm a newbie so how do you resize?

Since I am a PS3 user, I'd like PS3 compatability, does that first one that you posted have that?

Sorry man, wasn't trying to ignore it.

As already stated those aren't modern ps3 wheels, just was trying to highlight that there were some out there in the wild.

The one I was really thinking of is the one in the youtube vid that Dijital Majik posted. That thing is awesome and priced to match naturally ;).

Also Shaggy might be on to something. If 2010 meets, or even beats maybe, internal sales targets I wouldn't be surprised if a F1 styled wheel got the green light from one of the bigger mfr's.

Sorry man, wasn't trying to ignore it.

As already stated those aren't modern ps3 wheels, just was trying to highlight that there were some out there in the wild.

The one I was really thinking of is the one in the youtube vid that Dijital Majik posted. That thing is awesome and priced to match naturally ;).

Also Shaggy might be on to something. If 2010 meets, or even beats maybe, internal sales targets I wouldn't be surprised if a F1 styled wheel got the green light from one of the bigger mfr's.
Not a problem, however, I think that they are just mods for G25/G27's?
I would like to say have a GT3RSV2 or G27 for my normal racing, then a special F1 wheel for my F1 games - Maybe if the demand is enough, Thomas from Fanatec who browses these forums could make a wheel on F1 :)

It would be cool if they made one, but realistically I'd rather have a wheel I can use for all driving games, not just F1. Plus there already super overpriced mods you can buy or make.

Ya I have hunted for just a wheel to pop on my DFP. I dont need all the super functions and all that, just the feel and size. But I have failed :(

Back