Should race cars be allowed to be nominated for the Cool Wall once again? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GranTurNismo, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:16 AM.

?

Should race cars be allowed to be nominated for the Cool Wall once again?

This poll will close on Aug 21, 2019 at 2:16 AM.
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

As you may know, the GTP Cool Wall is making a comeback! That being said, I have made a few changes, and I am debating whether or not race cars should be allowed to be nominated once again. I know this is a controversial aspect of the Wall, so I'll let the community answer. If more than 50% of the votes in the poll are for "yes", than race cars will be allowed to be nominated going forward. The poll will be open for seven days.

Pros to allowing race cars: allows for a larger, more diverse pool of cars to be nominated, plus many noteworthy racing cars have not been nominated yet.

Cons to allowing race cars: many members do not like them being nominated alongside production cars, and "Seriously Uncool Because Race Car" (SUBRC) comments were very frequent.

2. Aphelion

Aphelion

I never actually understood the SU because racecar comments. It never made much sense, and just felt like an in-joke gone way too far.

Snikle likes this.
  3. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

Did this really need it's own thread?

ImaRobot and TenEightyOne like this.
  4. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

I figured this would be the best method to sort it out. I feared that doing this in the nominations thread would make things too unorganized.

5. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

I vote "No" because any race car will always be cool... Because race car...

How could a race not be cool ?

6. TS050

TS050 Premium

SUBRC literally made 0 sense to me, so...

Snikle likes this.
  7. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

I get why SUBRC is a thing but I don't think it works as a universal rule. There are definitely exceptions to it.

SVX likes this.
  8. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

There are already threads for best racecar of type and era. No need to add them to the Cool Wall. Also... I presume all the existing cool wall cars will remain in place?