Should there be a master thread of improvements that we would like to see in GT7?

• Thread starter DjEyeQ
  • 15 comments
Canada
Canada
Since PD recently said they are open to communicate with players and receive their feedback, perhaps there should be a master list of things to improve/add/suggest that could be submitted to PD directly, let's say monthly? I'm not talking bugs, or wish lists, just concrete items to make the experience better and improve the title ( for example: show projected weather ahead of race, or cockpit view with no wheel etc etc)

If submitted by an official channel or someone respected in the industry (like GTPlanet for example), then it could make a difference and bear some weight.

What do you all think? Or do we have something in place already?

Sounds like it could work, if this idea gains traction..

Personally i'd like to have an option to map a clutch function to the controller. Sometimes it helps to just pop out of gear for a sec to let the diff unlock if i'm going wide on a slow, tight corner. That and being able to clutch-kick to initiate a drift. Never could use the e-brake..

And a brake pressure option in the tuning menu, so i can fine tune the brakes and not rely on ABS.

It's a great idea. I'm all for it, but I am not sure if Polyphony randomly hand picks conversation pieces from various parts of the internet or have a set way in which they absorb community feedback. So the overall success of a thread would rely on whatever limited engagement PD would have with it.

Anyone from PD on gtplanet? .. maybe not.

But if gtp admins had a thread stickied and moderated to keep the posts relevant and informative of what the community wants in the long term, then maybe PD would have a better chance of hearing us.

Just a thought ☺

I also think there should be a sticked thread with features or improvements. Not another wishlist please though. Reasonable improvements and features which would improve the game experience.

What do you think @Famine @Scaff ?

Anyone from PD on gtplanet? .. maybe not.

But if gtp admins had a thread stickied and moderated to keep the posts relevant and informative of what the community wants in the long term, then maybe PD would have a better chance of hearing us.

Just a thought ☺
So PD is so damn inpet and out of touch they have nobody scanning the fanbase opinions online with out being handed it on a silver platter with a note begging them to read it.

wow.

So.. you just believe every conclusion you jump to?

I just meant that if they (PD) are open to seeing what we (the GT community) think about what could be implemented to improve our overall experience with the game, they shouldn't have to scour through endless pages of threads in order to pick out all the ones with titles like "this feature should be in GT7" or "GT7 needs to have this", then sift through a bunch of inane prattle or aggressive judgement just to glean useful information from maybe a quarter of the thread's posts.

I'm sure there are people who work at PD whose job is to frequent forums such as gtplanet, and we as consumers have the right to be heard by them. If there were a master thread of improvements we would like to see, then doesn't it make sense to have one so that our collective voices can be heard?

It's not s silver platter, it's just good consumer relations.

Last edited:
I feel there has to be a direct communication line that GTP has with PD, or other people in the industry have, especially since early copies went out to them before launch. Who actually knows if PD goes through the forums/reddit/youtube. They could've just seen the decline in sales and a few viral posts, and decided to act on the original mess.

It will take some time to make this game a masterpiece, I'd just rather it happen progressively starting now, rather then in a few years, when we're all waiting for GT8 already, and far too many people have turned away from it.

Since PD recently said they are open to communicate with players and receive their feedback, perhaps there should be a master list of things to improve/add/suggest that could be submitted to PD directly, let's say monthly? I'm not talking bugs, or wish lists, just concrete items to make the experience better and improve the title ( for example: show projected weather ahead of race, or cockpit view with no wheel etc etc)

If submitted by an official channel or someone respected in the industry (like GTPlanet for example), then it could make a difference and bear some weight.

What do you all think? Or do we have something in place already?
PD have a track record of saying things like this but never follow through. I think their lack of engagement with their community is poor - I believe if they are serious about listening and engaging surely they need a community manager to be that focal point for everything in or out.

i think everyone would benefit by that.

Hey guys, is there a way to contact someone from PD to share some feedback on bugs and issues that can be fixed quickly? I've never done it before cause I'm not a programmer but I do have some suggestions that would have an impact on Quality of Life.

• Quick toggle during a race to show/hide race info (instead of going into the menus). Focused towards reducing burn in risk on OLED screen users. Also, declutter the view and appreciate the artwork.
  • Re-arranging of race info placement. Some cars and some POVs may have info displays blocking the view or line of sight.
  • Tire change during pitstops are not shown correctly. And it is tough to predict which tires are the other competitors switching to as it the race info display only shows what they have before pitting and not what they switched to after the pitstop.
  • Also, if you switch from slicks to wet tires, the animation keeps showing as if it is putting on a set of slicks instead of a grooved tire.
  • Others....

Hey guys, is there a way to contact someone from PD to share some feedback on bugs and issues that can be fixed quickly? I've never done it before cause I'm not a programmer but I do have some suggestions that would have an impact on Quality of Life.

• Quick toggle during a race to show/hide race info (instead of going into the menus). Focused towards reducing burn in risk on OLED screen users. Also, declutter the view and appreciate the artwork.
  • Re-arranging of race info placement. Some cars and some POVs may have info displays blocking the view or line of sight.
  • Tire change during pitstops are not shown correctly. And it is tough to predict which tires are the other competitors switching to as it the race info display only shows what they have before pitting and not what they switched to after the pitstop.
  • Also, if you switch from slicks to wet tires, the animation keeps showing as if it is putting on a set of slicks instead of a grooved tire.
  • Others....
Unfortunately, they just don't care. You (and many others) have probably interesting ideas but Poly lives in a bubble.

Back