Should We Use the Oval Next Week?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 20 comments

How Should We Use the Motegi Oval for Next Week's Online Race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EDK

WRS Admin
United States
Boise, ID
GTP_EDK
Please don't vote if you don't plan to participate in the race. The Poll is public so that we know if non-GTP Members vote on it. Your vote will be excluded if you do not register as confirmed for at least one of the races this week (EU or NA). Voting closes on Sunday at the time of day this original thread posting:

img.php

Tally (for those unable to vote)..

Code:
[B]Oval Usage   Votes   Voters[/B]
----------   -----   ------
Fun Only         2   WRP001, Mohitraina91*
Oval = 25%       6   EDK, Hydro, GTPorsche*, TwistedMetal*, Speedy6543, Mignum
Oval = 50%       2   Mcfizzle, MilleRSVR*

*Unable to vote using poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made a mess of this, as the first time I forgot to make it public, and the second time I messed up and made it multiple choice.

Please vote for one and only one option.

It says I can't vote on the poll.

I'd vote for the middle option of the Oval Mini Race if it allowed me.

If you can't vote (darn poll) then just state your vote clearly in a post and we'll tally votes in the OP occasionally. I voted to run the oval just for fun and not include it in the points or official part of the event. Maybe I'm just trying to save myself the time it takes to figure out all the points. :lol:

I've never had that issue with the poll not working. I've just about given up on these. :grumpy:

WRP 'I want my race cars back' 001
I voted to run the oval just for fun and not include it in the points or official part of the event. Maybe I'm just trying to save myself the time it takes to figure out all the points. :lol:

Points will be really simple, I think it's more about having all that time off and just wanting to race the full track - or any race track for that matter :sly:.
Withdrawl is at a peak I imagine :lol:

I voted for equal length(50/50) points but really all three choices are fine with me. I should be able to do EU for sure and hopefully NA race also.

I vote for including the oval. I think the 15/45 option would be best, especially b/c not everyone is in favor of the oval.

Would there be qualifying for each event or would the grid be based on the previous race?

gman1647
I vote for including the oval. I think the 15/45 option would be best, especially b/c not everyone is in favor of the oval.

Would there be qualifying for each event or would the grid be based on the previous race?

Qualifying only on the road course. Oval would be set by results... Maybe fastest first this time, but under discussion.

Might be fun, since it's an oval to try a NASCAR style 2x2 rolling start, but depends if there are two grooves. Will need practice sessions to figure it out.

Qualifying only on the road course. Oval would be set by results... Maybe fastest first this time, but under discussion.

Might be fun, since it's an oval to try a NASCAR style 2x2 rolling start, but depends if there are two grooves. Will need practice sessions to figure it out.
I've had about 18 hours of practice on GT4. There are 2 grooves. ;)

Grooves? We got to bust out our dance moves on the track?

EDIT: Ah ok googling it gave me a more sensible answer :lol:.

Absolutely 👍 and with these tires car control will be pretty easy for the oval. We'll have to give it a try in practice, the limited visibility could be a real problem.
We could always just stagger the formation In such a way that drivers can see a part of each other. I've never run an oval race online (except for messing around fun stuff), this should be a lot of fun 👍

I'll join in to try the oval race, I like ovals. I vote for 50/50.

If I had my way it would all oval. :)

Just kidding (kind of). I'm just struggling with this car on the road course.

I haven't joined you guys for a race in a long time, should be fun.

Hydro
Absolutely 👍 and with these tires car control will be pretty easy for the oval. We'll have to give it a try in practice, the limited visibility could be a real problem.
We could always just stagger the formation In such a way that drivers can see a part of each other. I've never run an oval race online (except for messing around fun stuff), this should be a lot of fun 👍

I'm going to zoom in the map big time so I can see when in the clear. If it were earlier I'd hire my son as spotter and have him say 'still inside, clear, clear, clear!' :lol:

Last edited:
i'm going to zoom in the map big time so i can see when in the clear. If it were earlier i'd hire my son as spotter and have him say 'still inside, clear, clear, clear!' :lol:

lol!!!!

As predicted by many option #2 won. Thread reflects this setup (75/25).

Back