Show me how to Gold it !.... The unusual way...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Flerbizky
  • 18 comments
  • 2,054 views
I did that for GT2 and GT3. In GT3, that manuver was the most effective.
 
Haha, funny...you know you could've just started in 2nd gear and it would've made it easier to gold?
 
i got very sideways for IA - 7
 
n o o d l z
Haha, funny...you know you could've just started in 2nd gear and it would've made it easier to gold?
I tried.. I know the 2nd gear starts worked with the Viper in GT3, but I'm not sure it's as fast in GT4...
 
Flerbizky
I tried.. I know the 2nd gear starts worked with the Viper in GT3, but I'm not sure it's as fast in GT4...

have you tried it in gt4 does it work???? :)
 
jheed4
have you tried it in gt4 does it work???? :)
I tried it yes... Didn't manage a Gold that way though.. But that's probably because I suck anyway..
 
I used the skid-to-a-stop technique in those braking tests in GT3. Not sure how it would work in real life - I thought the most efficient braking was done in a straight line.
 
It wasn't a gold but I bronzed Special Liscense with the Takata NSX on Tokyo which included a 360 into drift on the S-Bend into the 2 90 Degree corners scetion.

The fact that you can still get bronze with that kind of stunt sorta disappointed me about the License difficulty, I'm not even a great driver.
 
Yeah, I didn't like that I silver'd the ring when I don't even drive very good. With my driving I was expecting to barely get bronze.
 
Flerbizky
I tried.. I know the 2nd gear starts worked with the Viper in GT3, but I'm not sure it's as fast in GT4...
I can't remember which one, but ONE of the Rally tests in GT4 worked better starting off in 2nd gear.
 
What codec is this? I have the gordian knot codec pack and there's no video only audio. The gpot codec appliance can't find what codec it is.
 
Reminds me of the braking on a corner test with the Legacy on GT3 (I think it was GT3), I only managed gold on that by slinging it sideways.
 
I remember watching some video of a Merc SL in some prologue license test sliding sideways down the Fuji straight.
 
cmartella
What codec is this? I have the gordian knot codec pack and there's no video only audio. The gpot codec appliance can't find what codec it is.
Std. mpeg2 encoding.. If you've got some software DVD player installed, you should be able to watch this..

And codec packs suck... Hard...

I recommend only ffdshow and ac3filter. Both available from sourceforge. Won't help here though..
 
Flerbizky
I tried.. I know the 2nd gear starts worked with the Viper in GT3, but I'm not sure it's as fast in GT4...

The best way I've found to start a no-TCS Viper in GT4 is to start in second gear, and when you hit about 20-25mph, shift back into first. It takes a few tries to nail the timing, but I've found it gets you off the line a lot faster. I'm sure a DFP would give you the ability to modulate the throttle for better starts, but on the DS2 this is my personal best bet.
 
i acidentally span and did a 360 near the end, but still got silver on the IA test at ice arena with the celica. i was in shock.
 
Back