Show off your sim racing rig here!

I recently switched to a Simucube ActivePedal and changed my seat for a Sim-Lab Speed1 XXL. I am using the AP as my brake and it is as good as everyone says it is. The ABS effect is what really does it for me. It feels very realistic and much like a real car when ABS kicks in. But also just being able to change everything directly from the software is extremely welcomed. With the seat, it has helped me with my braking thanks to the base of the seat being more reclined compared to my last one. I have more control with the brake as before I was always resting my heel on the heel-plate during braking. Less strain on my ankles now and can enjoy more hours of sim racing :)

4LefoLf.jpg

dpVNX1M.jpg

LSeTqeb.jpg

Not quite finished but at the stage where I can test my setup.

IMG_7595.jpeg

The rig is a Racing Cockpits RCP Pro with the NRG bucket seat.

The cockpit is absolutely fantastic, built like a tank, and absolutely no flex and fully adjustable. I give it a Spinal Tap worthy 11/10.

The seat, not so impressed with. It’s comfy but has manufacturing issues. The bottom “pops” on weight change and the mounting holes are not aligned so it has a built in couple degrees lean to the right. 5/10.

I also got the keyboard and mouse tray and a cup holder. Also mounted to the rig is a power strip with 120V and USB power for peripherals and I got a USB switching hub that allows me to switch the wheel, keyboard and mouse between the PS5 and PC.

The rig will allow me to expand to the 8NM power supply, shifter, handbrake and new wheel I expect to get for Xmas 😁

Now I’m on the look out for a PS5 controller mount for 80/20 and a phone holder. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Now I’m on the look out for a PS5 controller mount for 80/20 and a phone holder. Any ideas?
Have you perused Etsy? I seem to be able to find 3d printed accessories for almost whatever I may need there.

Edit-5 seconds later with Google - https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1246397518/ps5-controller-holder-for-sim-racing

Last edited:
Have you perused Etsy? I seem to be able to find 3d printed accessories for almost whatever I may need there.

Edit-5 seconds later with Google - https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1246397518/ps5-controller-holder-for-sim-racing

For my controller, I just did heavy duty Velcro for the rig and controller..works really good.

For my phone, I use a case that already has a magnet in it. And on the rig side, I just glued a magnet to that as well. In a pinch, I would have just got a separate case for my phone when sim racing, and done the Velcro hack again

I decided to remove the clutch pedal from my new Fanatec V2 pedals today, as I couldn't get comfortable with the brake in the middle, and I never use a clutch anyway.

Bit of a struggle getting it all apart, and had to drill extra holes in the rig to bolt the pedals down. Then, after putting it all back together, I discovered I'd forgotten to put the plugs back in under the pedals 🫣😭

Anyhoo, all done, and feels great now.

Attachments

• PXL_20231211_151235119_adobe_express~2.jpeg
    PXL_20231211_151235119_adobe_express~2.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20231211_150820667.MP_adobe_express~2.jpeg
    PXL_20231211_150820667.MP_adobe_express~2.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20231211_150718669_adobe_express~2.jpeg
    PXL_20231211_150718669_adobe_express~2.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Found that one on Amazon for less than $275 and decided to go for it. Reviews seemed to be on the positive side with some people complaining about what sounded like minor details to me so I wasn't expecting much. Purchased last Thursday and arrived the next day. I put it all together over the weekend and first impressions so far, I quite like it. I have been using an OpenWheeler kit from 12 years ago so this is a definite step up especially considering I'm going to upgrade to a DD soon which my previous kit would not be able to handle without an add-on that would cost just as much as this set up. I decided to keep the seat from the OpenWheeler kit and just move it over to the new one. It feels solid with the G29, no flex, no weird noise and I can't wait to get a DD on it to see how it fares.

Only downside so far is the missus is not really sold on it because the whole thing looks too big for the space that we have now😅. I could somewhat collapse the OpenWheeler kit when I wasn't using it but I can't do any of that with this one so I'm probably going to put some casters on it so I can easily move it around and out of way when not in use.

PXL_20231210_203636625.jpg

PXL_20231210_203556293.jpg

Back