I was lapping the ring in a arcade M3 max power, min weight S3 tires.
I was going through the Pflanzgarten II on the Nürburgring, you know how you jump down the hill veer left a little well i got a little sideways here at 200kph then you turn right. Well as i was flat out and I already got a little sideways at the left, when i turned for the right the weight shifting just made the rear snap out (doing about 210kph) quickly i was able to countersteer and back off (droping to 170kph) and then i was able to recover from the drift without going on the grass or hitting the wall. When i recovered i was doing about 190kph.
If this seems lame then i suggest you try that section on the Ring flat out in ^ m3.
here are some pics to go with it.
If you have a hair rasing recovery, share it with us!
yes ive drifted, and i also did a big drift to gold IA - 7 (look in drifting forum), but this is totally unintentional and at 170kph with stock suspension and gt4 weight shifting physics, recovering from these types of slides do require some skill
I-A 7 is where I learned to drift... I made it a goal to drift faster than the demo car time and did...
However, I've drifted many of times from sliding on dirt, going too hot in a corner, and shfiting too much weight while passing... Also driving the Yellow Bird around is a sure way to lose traction...
I haven't kept count, but still, for those that don't lose tractoin as much, it does raise some hairs
BTW, I can 360 on demand also, I lose control a lot still, but only if I never driven the car before... After a few hot laps, if you got the DFP you can save almost anything... The only catch is trying to save it without letting go of gas Anyone that plays for lap times probably never saves a skid by letting go of gas
Your the MAN Small Fryz👍 They look great. It's must have been damn fun watching the replay 5 times over again I wish it will happen to me sometime.
All these things also happen to me TOO al of a sudden: I was drifting a bit in Deep Forest when I got a bit "shaky" after that long 120 degree bend (the last REAL bend, cause theres another one that's last but it's almost NO corner) anyway I was going from left-right-to-left-to-right-LEFT after I exited that corner and I ended up spinning with a REALLY beautifull cam. view, I can't really explain it but I span just around the cam............anyway if anyone wants to make a vid or something, PM me and I send it to you (but I don't have a capture card so it's bad quality)
Also maybe this belongs more to the drift section, it's good