Showcase option added to Demo Menu

  • Thread starter Thread starter pixel_geist
  • 8 comments
  • 2,034 views
Messages
199
United States
Marshall, IL.
Messages
pixel_geist
don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but if you....
Go to Options > General > Demo > there is a radio button that allows you to turn off the "showcase" feature/screensaver at the start of your game on the main page of GT5.

just a quick FYI.
 
Last edited:
Does this make the game load any faster? At least the start up of it?
 
yeah. i think so. you'll have to play w/ it and see.

i turned the "showcase" off and went to remote race. I'm 10 laps in, so I haven't dashboarded yet to give you a definitive answer.
 
Thats been there since day 1 hasn't it?
 
Thats been there since day 1 hasn't it?

nope. they just added it v1.08.
"showcase" was added v1.07.
i suffer drom screen-tearing, so i'm always looking in those menus for a fix.....:nervous:
 
I was thinking of the button to stop the opening movie i think.
Get a lot of screen tear as well. If you go to the xmb settings & take it out of 1080p it seems to run smoother looks no worse. Some of the shadows even look better. Worth a try. I did it for a while but got annoyed with everything (when not in game) else (icons etc) being bloody huge
 
I was thinking of the button to stop the opening movie i think.
Get a lot of screen tear as well. If you go to the xmb settings & take it out of 1080p it seems to run smoother looks no worse. Some of the shadows even look better. Worth a try. I did it for a while but got annoyed with everything (when not in game) else (icons etc) being bloody huge

totally agree. this button is all alone, at the top of that menu, far away from the other options we're used to.
 
I found it. Your right, bro, that wasn't there yesterday.
 
that's what I thought. I didn't remember seeing it a couple of days ago.
 
Back