Showroom Exit & Save Freezes my entire system ???????

• Thread starter Sonzilla
  • 8 comments
When I hit the Save & Exit button in the Showroom it Freezes the entire game I can't even hit the PS button I have to do a Hard Power Off.

There isn't a single scratch on the CD.

Anyone know whats going on, is it the CD or the Console?

Well I deleted the game save and still same problem so I then created an entirely new PS profile and it's fine no freezing upon save and exit.

What's that all about?

I hate to even speculate but I would suggest it may be more of a problem with your PS3/HD/profile than the game itself. I don't recall anybody else ever mentioning the game freezing (repeatedly) at a particular point. And I can tell you that exiting the showroom is a point that the game will always save data to the HD.

If this is the only problem you're having it may be just a fluke. But if you see other signs of wacky behavior, it may be a good idea to do a complete back-up and restore.

Ok what happened was when I used the new profile I actually had my friends Ferrari Game Save that's why it didn't freeze.

But when I start from a fresh game save it will freeze no matter what profile I use.

So if I do a system restore will I lose all my profiles?

I would hate to have to enter all the profiles I created for various Games I play plus I'm gonna have to remember the emails and passwords for each profile because I have it on AUTO sign in. :-(

Well, that's a little different. Before taking such an extreme step, I would (back-up first) delete your game save completely and your friends game save, create a brand new one and see if that works. I have a feeling it's just your game save which is corrupt.

I tried it with various new profiles on fresh new saves and it still freezes.

It's pretty much cut and dry as soon as I go into the Showroom either Vinyl or Paint upon exiting those rooms it'll freeze.

One last thing I'm going try is to do a couple of challenges and what not, make sure it's saved then go back to the showroom and see what happens.

Edit:

So I went in to the challenges and after completing the qualy @ Homestead it Exited the entire game all by itself and I ended up right back to the PS home screen WTF! :scared:

Then I had to load the game back in then back to Challenges and it was saved where I left off, so I completed the Day 1 race and continued to Day 2 and it happened again it brung me right back to the PS home screen. lol

Wow something is terribly wrong with this game.

It's still a possible game save issue because when I loaded my friends game save everything worked fine.
So I'll be trying that again.

Last edited:
What I meant was the system didn't shut off entirely rather while in the game I guess it crashed but it happens so fast it Quit's all by itself and takes me back to the PS Home Screen.

Back