[Shuffle races] Rear traction cars complex

• Thread starter emberkeys
  • 19 comments
United States
Irving
Ceolix
Well guys i've experienced many problems on shuffle races specially in handling.
I see some players that can go full throttle on curves without any aids
with rear traction cars.

I always have to brake use engine break, and just give it a little throttle so i don't spin out.

How can they go full throttle on curves without spinning?:nervous:

Knowing when to use the throttle and how much to use the throttle in relation to your steering input is the key to driving a RWD.

Better drivers will be able to run flatout through turns that you'll have to lift or even brake for.

Better drivers will be able to run flatout through turns that you'll have to lift or even brake for.

Are you understanding what am i saying?
They just brake a little and go full throttle again like it was
a 4wd or FF car and they don't spin, and not better drivers
because when they had 4wd and i had 4wd as well i could won
to some of them, but with RWD they to this. It's just too weird

emberkeys

Where are you from in relation to the room host? It could be a case of lag making a car do seemingly impossible things.

But they use full throttle and don't spin

Yes?

As long as your steering angle isn't too severe you're not going to spin going full throttle, especially with lower HP figures (500 and down)

I understand what you're saying.

They're just driving the car quicker than you are, getting more out of it.
If you practice with that car and track combo for a while you'll be able to do stuff that you would've thought impossible 50 laps before.

Yes?

As long as your steering angle isn't too severe you're not going to spin going full throttle, especially with lower HP figures (500 and down)

They also make narrow curves with full throttle
so they have to use a severe steering angle

They also make narrow curves with full throttle
so they have to use a severe steering angle

Are you sure about that? or are you simply unwilling to accept that someone might be faster than you.

The world is full of amazing drivers who know how to push cars to their limits, if you put the effort in you can too.

Even assuming these people found some way to make their shuffle car 4WD - if they were going full throttle with "severe steering angle" they certainly wouldn't be rocketing ahead since all of their grip is being used to turn.

Are you sure about that? or are you simply unwilling to accept that someone might be faster than you.

The world is full of amazing drivers who know how to push cars to their limits, if you put the effort in you can too.

Even assuming these people found some way to make their shuffle car 4WD - if they were going full throttle with "severe steering angle" they certainly wouldn't be rocketing ahead since all of their grip is being used to turn.

What would i win to post here crying that someone is faster than me?
i simply don't understand how they can turn a RWD car like a 4wd or FWD

"Even assuming these people found some way to make their shuffle car 4WD - if they were going full throttle with "severe steering angle" they certainly wouldn't be rocketing ahead since all of their grip is being used to turn."

That's what i think too, but they still do it somehow

What would i win to post here crying that someone is faster than me?
i simply don't understand how they can turn a RWD car like a 4wd or FWD

"Even assuming these people found some way to make their shuffle car 4WD - if they were going full throttle with "severe steering angle" they certainly wouldn't be rocketing ahead since all of their grip is being used to turn."

That's what i think too, but they still do it somehow

It happens more than you'd think :lol: but if that isn't your mindset I apologise, it's just the tone I'm getting from your posts.

Go out on track and experiment, I'd recommend going to Tsukuba and focus on the inside hairpin.
Maybe then you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

It happens more than you'd think :lol: but if that isn't your mindset I apologise, it's just the tone I'm getting from your posts.

Go out on track and experiment, I'd recommend going to Tsukuba and focus on the inside hairpin.
Maybe then you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

I tried numerous times, to do narrow curves with the same speed
of them, the result is always oversteer:nervous:
I have no idea how to do it

Practice.

You're not going to get faster asking about it on a forum, you have to put in the hours practicing.

Well guys i've experienced many problems on shuffle races specially in handling.
I see some players that can go full throttle on curves without any aids
with rear traction cars.

I always have to brake use engine break, and just give it a little throttle so i don't spin out.

How can they go full throttle on curves without spinning?:nervous:

The key is to keep the car flat as possible in order for the car to be balanced. If you minimise weight transfer, then you can take corners faster. To minimise weight transfer, you have to turn less, and not stomp on the accelerator.

The throttle is an analog input, you can't use it as an on/off application. You have to learn to feel the traction and feel the power in.

I've been driving for 10 years now, it's not an easy journey.

You're not going to master it in half an hour - go out and practice, if you truly want to be faster you simply need to put the effort in.

It takes people years to figure out.

Your goal should be to get the wheels pointed straight as early as possible. You also need to feed the throttle progressively.

When you find a perfect balance between the two, you will be fast.

Do not expect to figure it out today, tomorrow or even this month.

What makes you think they are full throttle? Is it because they are pulling away or are you watching replays.
It being a shuffle race has each car with strengths and weaknesses. Maybe it's just one that corners well.
Try going into or setting up a race locked to one car and tire from the recommended garage. See how a full field of the same car drives by comparison.

Back