Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferrari Pack only

• More than one Pack - please specify

• Total voters
Sick_Cylinder
Last edited:
I'm currently working on something very exciting set in the year 1970 !!!

Is that for the TBC September series 7? By then we should have a certain tie-dye-shirt-and-flares-wearing animal of the equestrian variety (although testing in time might be tight...)

I've got my books at the ready – PM me if you need anything researched (and yes that is a Haynes manual for the 917 at the bottom!)

IMG_8104.JPG.JPG

Is that for the TBC September series 7? By then we should have a certain tie-dye-shirt-and-flares-wearing animal of the equestrian variety (although testing in time might be tight...)

I've got my books at the ready – PM me if you need anything researched (and yes that is a Haynes manual for the 917 at the bottom!)

View attachment 724011

What a great looking set of books Joe - I'm very envious!

I would like to confirm the start time of the 1967 and 1970 Sebring races and I'll also be chatting with you about the best liveries to use - to get the best look (and the best race photos into our threads from John Wells), I will be assigning the liveries / race numbers for this series. I'm planning to use the ones from the Le Mans 24 hour race and stick with those for the full season.

Below I have posted a couple of provisional plans for autumn series using the Porsche 917K v Ferrari 512M and Porsche 911 RSR v Ferrari Daytona. I have recently heard a rumour about a 512S also joining the game - if so the 512M will be replaced with the 512S - we will definitely use any and all varieties of 917 and 512 which are added to the game in various series.

1970 Mon.jpg
1970 Wed.jpg

I'm currently going through our plans for spring and summer to see what DLC can be added in as it becomes available.

What a great looking set of books Joe - I'm very envious!

I would like to confirm the start time of the 1967 and 1970 Sebring races and I'll also be chatting with you about the best liveries to use

Below I have posted a couple of provisional plans for autumn series using the Porsche 917K v Ferrari 512M and Porsche 911 RSR v Ferrari Daytona. I have recently heard a rumour about a 512S also joining the game - if so the 512M will be replaced with the 512S - we will definitely use any and all varieties of 917 and 512 which are added to the game in various series.

I'm currently going through our plans for spring and summer to see what DLC can be added in as it becomes available.

I'm very lucky to have access to the books – perks of the job!

Both the 1967 and 1970 Sebring 12-Hour races were 11am jobs – 1970 was the first year a rolling start was used for the race. That year's race was one of the most exciting in history, with a lot of twists, turns and surprises – Andretti (Ferrari 512S) overtook Revson (in a 908/2 shared with Steve McQueen) with two laps to go and finished just 23.9 seconds ahead after 12 hours!

Ferrari used the 512S in all races in 1970 apart from the last one at Osterriechring, when it fielded a lone 512M as a preview for the 1971 season. The M was much improved over the S, and would probably be a better match for the lighter 917K for our series – on paper at least. Depends how accurately/fairly SMS performance-balances the variants(s) they give us in the end.

Such a shame we don't have the Alfa T33/3 or the Matra MS650 in this game! The Matra V12 is hands-down the best engine sound EVER in my opinion.

Really looking forward to this series – this will be the first multi-class series I've been a part of.

Back