Sick's Race Room - Wednesday's 20:30 UK Time - 25th Nov Toyota 2000GT N300@Willow - SPACES !!!

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Sick Cylinder, May 15, 2020.

?

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

1. Ferrari 330 P4

72.2%
  2. Ford Mark 4

44.4%
  3. Jaguar XJ13

72.2%
  4. Ferrari 250 GTO

44.4%
  5. Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

61.1%
  6. Alfa Romeo TZ2

66.7%
  7. Jaguar D Type 1954

50.0%
  8. Aston Martin DB3S 1953

61.1%
  9. Ferrari 250 GT SWB

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Harsk100

Harsk100

How many rounds are set this championship series here?

I saw on the 2nd post that there might be more series, such as 1966 Le Mans Championship for example.

Sick Cylinder and John Wells like this.
  2. half_sourly

half_sourly

Wed Leaderboard -Minis.jpg
    Here are the Mini results separately. But is it not a continuous championship? Not sure of the benefit of having the Minis separately.
    I've tarted it up a bit, using the Monday leaderboard as an example. A lot of the colour there stems from driver licenses, which I don't believe we replicate here.

3. Napalm_LT

Napalm_LT

It was very hard day for me yesterday - hot weather, hard work, gym, race went not so good, couldn’t asleep and slept only few hours. Felt like a zombie today. Thought during breakfast - do I need that? Counted I can get about 1000 € for my simracing equipment and was very close (really close) to announce about selling on FB and local sites. :)
    Strangely my wife stoped me :). She said, - cool down, you really love that, have just finished another hobby (cycling) and will start go crazy of do nothing :).
    I have a vacation after week and maybe 1-2 weeks on the beach will change my mind.
    Do you guys sometimes feel somethink like that? :)

Sick Cylinder, richroo and John Wells like this.
  4. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

After a few laps of trying to control the Cobra, yes. :boggled: ;)

5. richroo

richroo

Yes @Napalm_LT its best to rest for a little while, the bug soon comes back when you have not driven for ages then every thing is exciting for a few weeks again..
    You can also try picking your races so not to over do it . Spending hours and hours on ps is for the younger ones lol...

@half_sourly

i'm not sure on the way @Sick Cylinder was intending to score but normally we would have each car as one event .
    if so i would leave each car table as is as we move through the year :) keep the on going table as it will be fun to see how that go's ,just make it a simplified one .
    Plus nice one looks good cheers

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  6. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Oh that's where I'm going wrong. The trouble is I'm still young in my mind. :)

jammy21, John Wells and richroo like this.
  7. Harsk100

Harsk100

Will there be a dropped score in this championship?

The next one in the series is the Porsche 356 Speedster. Is that correct?

John Wells likes this.
  8. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

8 Rounds - 4 in the Mini and 4 in the Cobra. One Mini round was cancelled due to PSN problems - we did reschedule for the next day, but very few people attended so I decided it would be best not to count scores from that round.

Yes - apart from the gym bit! Yes, but I don't think about selling my gear - I sometimes wonder if when my wheel fails I will get another one. When I bought it I was working more hours and earning a lot more so could easily afford a wheel - now I have to think carefully about expenditure.

Race not going so good is a common thing for me! I think it is easier for me to reach an average level (which is enjoyable enough for me) on GT Sport than PC2. Maybe PC3 will be better for slower drivers like me? (or maybe not!).

Wise words from richroo which are worth following!

The original plan was to run 9 rounds with 3 cars making up the championship - Mini, Cobra and Porsche 356, however the Mini was such good fun and the Cobra is also very entertaining so this current series will just be for two cars - the Mini and the Cobra with 8 rounds (one round cancelled due to PSN problems). We are only counting the best result in each round so there should be 7 scores for each driver.

Yes - there will be one dropped score in the GTS championships, but not in the PC2 ones. The dropped score makes the scoring more difficult - @half_sourly it will be best to have two total columns - one for total points and one with the lowest score dropped.

We have operated this system in the past and stopped using it because it seemed to encourage absences, however attendance is good on GTS so don't I think it will be a problem on that game.

Yes - the Porsche 356 Speedster will be next as part of a 6 round championship - the first 3 rounds will be for the Porsche 356, while rounds 4, 5 and 6 will be multi-class Porsche or Aston. For those rounds if you have an Aston Martin DB3S 1953 please use it. The following competitors said in the questionnaire that they have the Aston @Zolon32 @AndreasR @jammy21

The Aston DB3S is 10m credits or £7.99 through PSN - please don't feel that you need to buy this car - you can compete in the Porsche 356 - only get the Aston if you really want to.

I am still hoping to run some more ambitious championships, but I have been waiting to build up numbers and also give people a chance to acquire more cars. I am hoping to run some special events - probably on Saturday's as many people will be watching F1 on Sunday's. My local track (Brands Hatch) opens up again next weekend for socially distanced events with no pit or paddock access, but Mrs Cylinder has banned me from attending on health grounds (too much risk of contracting Covid 19) - so I will need to get my classic festival feelings from gaming!

Apologies for not being around much on GTPlanet lately. A big shout out to @IfAndOr for the sterling work he has been doing on PC2 and also to @half_sourly for taking over the scoring and doing such a great job.

I am thinking of switching from 3 x 10 minute races to 2 x 15 minute races - let me know which you would prefer. Personally I thought 10 minute races worked well with the Mini, but the more powerful cars are probably better with 15 minutes (especially the Cobra with which it takes longer to find a rhythm).

Also I cannot get the room setting to accept anything except fixed host - I have been trying to alter this since the start so that those who want can continue racing in the room after I leave.

jammy21, richroo, John Wells and 3 others like this.
  9. Harsk100

Harsk100

I'm not sure if I'm the champion yet, but if I miss a round, then will my point score still be dropped? Or I won't have any dropped points at all for missing a round?

John Wells likes this.
  10. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Unless it's set to a public room, you can't.

11. John Wells

John Wells

I think 15 mins, would work well, with the higher power cars Sick. You have very careful, with Cobra even on normal, tyres it can, bite.:boggled:

Sick Cylinder and half_sourly like this.
  12. half_sourly

half_sourly

@Sick Cylinder, here is an adjusted table then, showing 1) that it is an 8-round championship, 2) a 'full points' position as well as a 'worst result dropped' position, 3) ranked it by the latter, since that will be the deciding table.

Although there are drawbacks to showing the 'worst result dropped' position during the championship (example if you showed it after round 1, then everyone would have nil, since their worst score was also their best and only score...), but I'm keeping it in there to save more work. Also, should rounds be cancelled (as the Suzuka East one was), then we know the position. I'll also not be doing a separate Mini one, since it is a continuous championship.

Trust this is what you had in mind.
    Wed Leaderboard.jpg

13. half_sourly

half_sourly

If Sick agrees with the new table, then should you not drive this week, your worst score would be nil (the nil points for this week), so your score willl be (5 x 20) - 0 = 100.

EDIT: And of course if you drove this week and won, as you always seem to do :bowdown:, then your score would be (6 x 20) - 20 = 100.

14. richroo

richroo

@Harsk100
    from what i see if you miss race and simba wins you get beaten by 6 points ...

15. half_sourly

half_sourly

Two races to go, so the championship won't necessarily be decided this week.

Sick Cylinder, John Wells and richroo like this.
  16. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

What's my chances of making a dramatic change in fortunes and getting to the top spot?

17. Harsk100

Harsk100

The schedule says that the championship still has 2 rounds left. If I miss a round and I get 20 points in the final round, I win because I would not have dropped score (lowest score is 0 points) and Andreas would, If I'm not mistaken.

18. richroo

richroo

Well if everyone gets D.Q.ed in the next two rounds paul ! Hummm
    Or a f@#$ing miracle... lol

Yes Harsk so your ok not to race this week and battle it out the last race :)

19. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

I expect I'd also have to race as well? I'm coming after you Harsk. ;)

20. jammy21

jammy21 Premium

So next track is Sardegna Road C? Never race there...

21. Harsk100

Harsk100

I'm very afraid to say this, but I won't be able to race tommorrow. Sorry guys!

Sick Cylinder, richroo and John Wells like this.
  22. jammy21

jammy21 Premium

Finally all unicorns on my garage.

2 x 15 min would be ok.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    John Wells and Sick Cylinder like this.
  23. half_sourly

half_sourly

Results from Sardegna:

Race 1:

Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
    Race 2.jpg

24. half_sourly

half_sourly

And that means we have a Champion, as @Harsk100 now has an unassailable lead. Well done Harsk!

harsk.jpg

Wed Leaderboard.jpg

25. Harsk100

Harsk100

I'm not the champion yet, as Simba can still beat me if he scores 20 points. If I don't participate in the final round and if Andreas score 20 points in the final round, he would beat me on all results by 3 points (123 points against me), if not mistaken.

John Wells likes this.
  26. half_sourly

half_sourly

No you would have 120 - 0 = 120 and Simba would have 123 - 15 =108 so you would still be champion.

27. Zolon32

Zolon32

Well done Harsk :tup::cheers:

@Sick Cylinder what's the recipe for next Wednesday please Sick. And will fuel/tyre degradation be on?

Cheers, Zo.

28. richroo

richroo

Will you be helping me get up to speed @Zolon32 i will repay you in kind ! No homo ! ...

Give me a idear when your on and i will try to join :)

29. Harsk100

Harsk100

I have a question.

Will Porsche 356 Speedster series be part of Shelby and Mini Series? Or is Porsche 356 Speedster set to be in a sepparate series? I'm looking forward to race with you guys more often!

30. Zolon32

Zolon32

I'd be glad to try Rich, although there's not a huge gap between us.

Firstly I'll study the replays from last night, and see if I can spot what we're doing differently.