Signing up to Iracing tonight..

• Thread starter Marsekay
  • 11 comments
marsekay
Hi guys I'm gonna have a crack at I racing this eve, been looking at it for a while and I think it's the way to go for me, while I wait to finish work I hear there are promo codes and referrals so if anyone has any suggestions for codes or needs a referral let me know!
Hope to see some of you on there, apologies in advance if i cause a crash.
Btw what's the average install time to play on a 6 meg download speed?

Cheers!

Hi guys I'm gonna have a crack at I racing this eve, been looking at it for a while and I think it's the way to go for me, while I wait to finish work I hear there are promo codes and referrals so if anyone has any suggestions for codes or needs a referral let me know!
Hope to see some of you on there, apologies in advance if i cause a crash.
Btw what's the average install time to play on a 6 meg download speed?

Cheers!

Surprisingly not too long of a time to wait... Well I say that, the simulator doesn't take too long but downloading the cars and tracks seemed to take a little longer for me, especially when you go and buy most of the cars/tracks at once. But hey I live in the middle of no mans land so my download speed isn't the best, and I'm not even going to mention my upload speed... :lol:

You'll enjoy it, and remember it pays off to take your time in iRacing so there is really no rush to move up the license classes (well apart from trying to get out of Rookie license of course).

Good luck to you and if there is anything else you need help with or having a question answered then give me a shout and I'll help you the best I can, and I'm sure everyone else here will help you if you need it to.

Regards

LJ Garnett

Have fun and worry about getting out of Rookie with your safety rating. Good Luck and i hopefully see you on the track

The trick to iRacing is ... driving around any track without any incidences. So to start, practice until you can go 20 laps without any incidences. Once you can do that, join a race and have fun.

Just signed up to Iracing tonight, still getting a feel for it but so far I'm living it. Hopefully I can move up a license soon and start getting into some racing!
👍

I have been on iracing for about 2 weeks, and it is very fun and addictive!!! the cars are the easy thing to get a hold of, but some of the tracks and other racer's are a pain. as mentioned above get the heck out of rookie asap!!!!

I have been on iracing for about 2 weeks, and it is very fun and addictive!!! the cars are the easy thing to get a hold of, but some of the tracks and other racer's are a pain. as mentioned above get the heck out of rookie asap!!!!

I've already started having great fun with it after one night of playing!
Definitely will be trying to get used to all of the tracks and such so I can get into some racing.
Hope to see some of you gtp guys on track!

I'm no great iracer but I say take your time and enjoy the rookie stuff because its free.

If you fast track your license you'll just have to start buying cars and tracks. LOL.

I fast tracked to C and was burned out from stressing the SR and iRating so I quit for a few months and now I'm back enjoying the Mazda Cup and Spec Ford when I have the track.

I like the Spec Ford the best of the free cars.

I'm no great iracer but I say take your time and enjoy the rookie stuff because its free.

If you fast track your license you'll just have to start buying cars and tracks. LOL.

I fast tracked to C and was burned out from stressing the SR and iRating so I quit for a few months and now I'm back enjoying the Mazda Cup and Spec Ford when I have the track.

I like the Spec Ford the best of the free cars.

I guess that means that you signed up for a new account and my code worked. A thanks would have been nice.

I guess that means that you signed up for a new account and my code worked. A thanks would have been nice.

There was a guy at iRacing last year that was begging for someone to purchase a track for him because he was disabled and out of work. He asked by way of the forum at iRacing.

I am a b/e amputee but have never considered myself "disabled" played all sorts of sports etc, etc ... Anyways I felt sorry for this guy, I thought of how desperate he must be if he had to publicly ask for help. I sent him a $15 iRacing gift. That was it, 10 days go by and I never heard squat from him, 2 weeks go by and nothing. So one day I send him a PM thinking maybe he didn't get it.

He sent me back a reply saying, "ya, I got it", I wrote back to him that I was brought up to say thank-you for a gift. Especially after he publicly begged for it. He replied by saying "thanks"

Back