Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Either is Fine, Or Any Other

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Prefer Other Camera View Than Those Listed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Afghanistan
Afghanistan
This has been an issue of debate with F1 games for a while I suppose, but I thought I would discuss this concerning F1 2011, and ask: Do the majority of people think that cockpit view is the "best/truest" way to race F1 games?

I know for a fact that there were F1 2010 leagues that required cockpit-only driving, for example. Personally, I completely understand where that philosophy is coming from, in terms of a sim. aspect to the game. But I also happen to love seeing the nose of the car, the decals, and the better graphics that you get from racing in T-cam mode. Even the tires are nice to look at in that view, to me. But I'm still curious as to where the issue currently stands, particularly so, I suppose, within the GTP forum base.

So, GTP'ers, what is your perspective on the issue?

Last edited:
I used to use cockpit view, but after I got into online racing I started using T-Cam so I have a bit more spacial awareness whilst still being able to focus.

T-cam for the win, I have used it in every F1 game that had it as a selectable view, I tried cockpit in 2010 but T cam was what I still ended up using.

I actually adore T-Cam but the cockpit view in 2011 has a better FOV, so I might switch for 2011.

I use T-Cam because in 2010 the cockpit didn't give me enough spatial awareness. I was constantly driving into things :lol:

Will give it a go in 2011 to see if the raised view and improved mirrors help.

I'm not fussed on what other people use, whatever works for you.

I prefer the T-Cam view, but honestly haven't tried the cockpit cam in 2011 yet. If it is a bit higher than it was in 2010, I'll give it a shot - it was so low that I couldn't see the turns very well.

I would definitely have to say that I find the t-cam much easier to drive with than cockpit cam. It's almost like I have to memorize the tracks in different ways for the two views. Spatial awareness is definitely different in cockpit view, and in t-cam you can really just see so much further ahead down the track.

T-Cam, better view of front of the car, which gives improved spatial awareness and therefore better racing (hopefully, or you see the thing you have hit more clearly...)!

Cockpit view in every game...period. Dont know why, just seems the obvious choice.

I only use the roll bar cam (T-Bar) when racing in weather (spray) so I can see better; or during replay to see more of car.

I also (so far) think cockpit cam is higher than in F1 2010; 2011 easier to see ahead on courses with elevation change; 2011 cars' noses may be a bit lower?; I like how you can see most of mirrors, though still limited (as in real life F1 racing eh:))

I also do not use proximity arrows.

Do any drivers use them?

t -cam, too low cockpit. however i don't like the new t.cam i wish it had tha old one with the new unique wheels that can be seen.

I started using cockpit cam tonight and beginning to like it. I'm pretty much just as fast with it. Gotta respect the F1 drivers for the limited visibility and the speeds/manuevers they do out on the track in real life. Cockpit cam gives you that feeling the best.

TeamLotusGT5
I used to use cockpit view, but after I got into online racing I started using T-Cam so I have a bit more spacial awareness whilst still being able to focus.

This and,

prisonermonkeys
I'm using the T-cam. I really need to be able to see where I'm pointing the front end.

Basically why i use it. When i first started f1 2010 and during F1 CE, i was all for the cockpit view, but i drifted away, and found that i perform alot better with the t-cam because of the reasons stated above.

Last edited:
Yes, much harder in cockpit view to see all of the corner (entry and exit) than in Roll Bar Cam (that is what I like to call it - the first place they strapped cameras too).

I also use Roll Bar Cam on tracks like Valencia, Singapore and Monaco so I can see further ahead; notice they are also circuits with a lot of concrete walls and barriers :scared:

I think best immersion experience though is in cockpit view:tup:; and yes when using cockpit view I really appreciate how difficult it is to be a F1 driver, let alone one who wins a race :)

Back