Silverstone GP set-up query

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
thewispo
I recently tried to qualify online against others at Silverstone GP. It was in the GT4 Aston Martin, and the desired time was between 2:07:00 - 2:12:00. I thought i had a good set-up before going into this, and knew the track very well. Everyone was to qualify on their own and post their screenshot before the race event. So i got no reference or feedback from the other drivers.

However, i could not manage to bring it under 2:13:05, was i doing something wrong here? does track cutting go on in these events? Everyone had the same car, and i went through the whole spectrum of possible set-ups. It seemed physically impossible to gain a further 5 tenths, never mind seconds! very frustrating. Some light shed on this would be a great help. Even a minor tip on a good base car. Was i way off base here or was cheating going on?

I recently tried to qualify online against others at Silverstone GP. It was in the GT4 Aston Martin, and the desired time was between 2:07:00 - 2:12:00. I thought i had a good set-up before going into this, and knew the track very well. Everyone was to qualify on their own and post their screenshot before the race event. So i got no reference or feedback from the other drivers.

However, i could not manage to bring it under 2:13:05, was i doing something wrong here? does track cutting go on in these events? Everyone had the same car, and i went through the whole spectrum of possible set-ups. It seemed physically impossible to gain a further 5 tenths, never mind seconds! very frustrating. Some light shed on this would be a great help. Even a minor tip on a good base car. Was i way off base here or was cheating going on?
silverstone is about practice and getting corners and sweepers right, smooth driving.
for me in GT3 cars never under 02:03.xxx but after almost a week of driving every day following 100% AI, finally running smooth times and consistant at 02:01.xxx
hope this helps.

This got me a 2:07.3 at 11:00 time of day. There is room for improvement in the dampers and tire pressures.
image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back