Sim coaching advice

• Thread starter waspie
  • 11 comments
Scotland
Scotland
Pulser47
Just wanted to ask here since it's quite lively, i am contemplating getting some sim coaching to improve my driving all round. To not waste my time or any future tutor/coach, is there any advice you folks could give me on what track and car would be most educational and achievable ?
I know it's personal preference, but i'd like to improve on all tracks ! My favourites are Spa, Monza, Oulton Park, Donington, Snetterton, Brands Hatch, RBR to name but a few. I am amateur and have driven for quite a while but not really clued up on car set ups or anything. The game and platform are open for me to choose aswell. I prefer GT3 and 4 and loved F1 but haven't bothered with the last couple of iterations since they were too lazy to incorporate VR, which is also my preferred method of playing.
Any advice appreciated, cheers !

what’s your main reason for wanting coaching what do you hope to achieve? you say all round driving but must know that everyone is capable of achieving this without coaching.

Last edited:
I want to improve my technique, learn more about trail braking, braking, cornering, shifting etc. One can only go so far watching videos, youtube etc. I have practiced and know where i am going wrong, but like any bad habits, un-learning them is always better with a nudge in the right direction.
No one apart from very few exceptions can self train to the highest standard without some coaching, even proffesional sports people need coaching. Always better to hear from an experienced person to tell you where you need to improve and what to practice.
@RuddRacer, signed up, thanks, will look around and see what is on offer, and start trying to join up to member lobby races/leagues :)

I want to improve my technique, learn more about trail braking, braking, cornering, shifting etc. One can only go so far watching videos, youtube etc. I have practiced and know where i am going wrong, but like any bad habits, un-learning them is always better with a nudge in the right direction.
No one apart from very few exceptions can self train to the highest standard without some coaching, even proffesional sports people need coaching. Always better to hear from an experienced person to tell you where you need to improve and what to practice.
@RuddRacer, signed up, thanks, will look around and see what is on offer, and start trying to join up to member lobby races/leagues :)
Taking part in our time trials will give you an idea of your skill level. Our top division is filled with people that started WRS in a lower division. It just takes time plus its fun and costs nothing. Although we complete each week against each other in the time trial we openly share useful information to help everyone improve their lap time. See ya there.

Just wanted to ask here since it's quite lively, i am contemplating getting some sim coaching to improve my driving all round. To not waste my time or any future tutor/coach, is there any advice you folks could give me on what track and car would be most educational and achievable ?
I know it's personal preference, but i'd like to improve on all tracks ! My favourites are Spa, Monza, Oulton Park, Donington, Snetterton, Brands Hatch, RBR to name but a few. I am amateur and have driven for quite a while but not really clued up on car set ups or anything. The game and platform are open for me to choose aswell. I prefer GT3 and 4 and loved F1 but haven't bothered with the last couple of iterations since they were too lazy to incorporate VR, which is also my preferred method of playing.
Any advice appreciated, cheers !
I recommend Scott's program...send me a FR and I can always get you started on some of the theory.

1650397673971.png

Thanks all. It's the Driver61 program i'm interested in trying out. Maybe an old fart like me should just accept i'm not as fast as others lol

+1 for WRS, other than that seat time in general is always the best thing to improve :)

Latest Posts

Back