Sim Commander 4 annoyance

• Thread starter Punknoodle
  • 2 comments
Australia
Brisbane
Punknoodle_Nick
I always launch iRacing via Sim Commander 4 which opens up the iRacing page in my browser. I also have it configured to open the communication software for Dashmeter Pro when this happens. Works perfectly and when I start a session, SimVibe works perfectly along with my dash software..

However, if I then quit that session, it spits me back out to the website, but Sim Commander 4 then assumes that you've quit it completely and if you go in to another session, you no longer have SimVibe or the dash working unless you quit the browser and start it again from Sim Commander 4.

Is there a way to make Sim Commander 4 keep running when closing a session so you can go in and out of sessions, then just manually close it once you are finished?

I always launch iRacing via Sim Commander 4 which opens up the iRacing page in my browser. I also have it configured to open the communication software for Dashmeter Pro when this happens. Works perfectly and when I start a session, SimVibe works perfectly along with my dash software..

However, if I then quit that session, it spits me back out to the website, but Sim Commander 4 then assumes that you've quit it completely and if you go in to another session, you no longer have SimVibe or the dash working unless you quit the browser and start it again from Sim Commander 4.

Is there a way to make Sim Commander 4 keep running when closing a session so you can go in and out of sessions, then just manually close it once you are finished?
No, you could do that with Sim Comm. 3 but when they launched 4 that was removed for whatever reason so you have to launch Iracing again. To save some hassle I close the browser before the game loads after clicking join so I just need to click Iracing in the commander to open a new browser. You will have to manually load the results from the session, but helps me not to forget to reboot it.

It was removed due to the fact that in Sim Commander 3 it launched iRacing in Simexperiance's browser and now it launched in what ever browser you have set as your default. This is because they got a lot of complaints for forcing people to use the Sim Commander browser.

Latest Posts

Back