• Thread starter left888
  • 6 comments

left888

Grand Master Member
Premium
Canada
Alberta
left888
I've had my P1-X from Sim-lab up and running for about four months now. Ordering to Canada wasn't inexpensive but after saving for a couple months I got the rig of my dreams. Of course there was a few months wait, everyone wanted one and parts were hard to come by, especially the black anodized finish. I upgraded my pedals to the Heusinkveld Ultimate's and also my wheel to an Accuforce Pro V2 direct drive.

I have been at iRacing for nine years now and started sim racing in 1979. I first started working on a sim rig around 1999 and got serious around 2009. My old rig was selected at Inside Sim Racing for rig of the week back around 2011. After going as far as I could with that square steel tubing which I welded from plans from a company called Zalem. I knew eventually I wanted to go with an 80/20 rig and the P1-X from Sim-lab does not disappoint. I still want to add more gauges, speedo, water temp, oil pressure and fuel to go along with my 11,000 RPM tach.

A Sparco seat was added and a Derek Speare sequential shifter and button box were purchased 7 or 8 years ago. I've been running Sim-Vibe since it's inception and currently have 7 shakers, 4 in each corner and one under the seat, pedals and shifter. I have 5 amps for this.

IMG_5817.JPG
IMG_5818.JPG
IMG_5826.JPG
IMG_5827.JPG
IMG_5828.JPG
IMG_5829.JPG
IMG_5833.JPG

P1-X from Sim-labs

Last edited:
Nice Rig mate.
i can tell something from this...
I gues you didn't get any schematics with the rig, right ?! Neither did i. I pre-ordered, i got the first P1-X ever delivered, but to this day, i haven't got any schematics.

Meanwhile, Barry from Sim-Racing-Garage uploaded a Review of the P1-X. And that's when i noticed.... i did build in the Pedalbase the wrong way around, jusst like you did. :D

Apparently it's ment the other way around.

Have a look:

Timestamp: around 48:00 (build process)

Update:
Now i am not so sure anymore... The Screenshot on sim-lab.eu shows the Pedalbase the other.
So i guess Barry build it wrong... because of a missing scematics i would suggest.

I still can't get my head around the fact that you pay a LOT of money and then don't even get an assembly plan. Weird.

Last edited:
Actually my pedal base is correct, on the early versions of the P1-X they had different pedal bases with locking levers. Now on the newer models of the P1-X they are a permanent placed. The bolts are tightened with a tool. You are right there is no new documentation but there is older documentation that can be found and downloaded from Sim-labs website.

I watched Barry's video for months before I ordered mine and when I received my order it was in three boxes with no parts list, no documentation at all. The reason I know my pedal base is correct is because I took a photo and sent it to Sim-lab and they confirmed it was right. Barry's video is from a couple years back with the older design.

I received a 200 MPH Auto Meter speedometer for Christmas to go along with my Auto Meter 11,000 RPM tach both are 5 1/2". Both are from the Ultra-lite series. Next up will be a fuel, water temp, Oil pressure and oil temp gauges. Originally for the tach alone I used a rev burner from Symprojects https://www.symprojects.com/categories-gauge-controllers/rev-burner which allows for one gauge only, either a tach or a speedo.

With the Pro-Gauge you can connect up to nine (9) gauges. https://www.symprojects.com/categories-gauge-controllers/pro-gauge

These are the gauges allowed with a Pro-Gauge

• Rev counter
  • Electronic speedometer
  • Fuel level gauge
  • Water temperature gauge
  • Fuel pressure (electronic) gauge
  • Oil temperature gauge
  • Oil pressure (electronic) gauge
  • Turbo pressure gauge
  • Brakes' air pressure

Attachments

• IMG_5909_1200.jpg
    IMG_5909_1200.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5910_1200.jpg
    IMG_5910_1200.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5928_1200.jpg
    IMG_5928_1200.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 72
An update on my P1-X, I now have 5 gauges, included are a oil temp, fuel gauge, water temp, 11,000 RPM tach and a 200 MPH speedo. I still would like to make a dash, perhaps out of aluminum and flush mount the gauges, button box and 7" telemetry monitor. I recently purchased a 10" HDMI monitor but haven't utilized it into my rig as of yet.

Next upgrade will be a D-box, so full motion can be achieved. Any questions or advice is always welcomed. I get inspiration by fellow members around various forums.

Attachments

• IMG_6462.JPG
    IMG_6462.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6440.JPG
    IMG_6440.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 73
It’s been too long since you’ve given an update. Please do so! Love the rig and anxious to hear if you got motion. Thanks.

Back