Sim Racing, Blood Pressure Levels!

Australia
Victoria
Killing-Heidi
Hi Guys,

So, i know this may have been a strange thing to do. But, i decided to test my blood pressure levels leading up to a race, after qualifying and after the race had finished. Maybe not many would be interested anyway, but this was my results.

10 minutes before the room opened: 115/73.
After qualifying: 160/100. WTF.
20 minutes after race had ended: 121/80.

Now god knows what my BP is throughout the race under pressure! But i must be getting some sort of pressure anxiety or some crap for my BP to hit such high levels.
I know we all like to win, but Jesus, am i going to die trying?!!

I have done like many sim racers have done, and raced long races, 2/3 hours of racing. How the heck i haven't had a stroke or a heart attack by now has got me stuffed.
I get the fact that, excitement and adrenaline raise blood pressure. But i think for me, anxiety is jumping in to or nerves. I'm starting to think i might have to pop a beta-blocker before i race in future, or i might just end up dead. Although racing in my sim would be a nice way to go lol. I tried a xanax but that didn't work!

Anyway, i thought i'd throw in a thread as i haven't been that active. And also thought that anyone might actually think this is just plain normal, and i am stressing over nothing!

Thanks.

Last edited:
No worries. Your blood pressure dropped back to normal. Don't think about it too much about it or your blood pressure will go up again, over, probably nothing.
Don't self medicate (Xanax), it does more harm than a constant high blood pressure.

What is this "mite" you're talking about? Is it the same as "might"?

No worries. Your blood pressure dropped back to normal. Don't think about it too much about it or your blood pressure will go up again, over, probably nothing.
Don't self medicate (Xanax), it does more harm than a constant high blood pressure.

What is this "mite" you're talking about? Is it the same as "might"?
Thanks mate, tonight when i was racing i did start to think about it, which caused some sort of heat rush over my head which im guessing was a short panic. But it passed in like seconds throughout the race. And sorry, yes i mean might, i can't spell for crap. I think im that use to Aussies spelling that way on fb, that they dragged me into the habit.

It's probably just a rush of adrenaline causing the increase in bp and it's perfectly normal. Don't take meds to counteract a perfectly normal bodily function.

It's probably just a rush of adrenaline causing the increase in bp and it's perfectly normal. Don't take meds to counteract a perfectly normal bodily function.
I reckon you're spot on. I asked the Doctor about it today. She reckons the racing is setting off the fright fight flight response. Thanks for your reply.

I know that in the winter when it's cold & I need to turn the heating on, I have to turn it off when sim racing as that warms me up enough even on the coldest day.

I think it's good for the body & mind to get "revved up" in these ways.

:D

Back