SIM shoes alternative

United States
Denver
ONEEYEMONSTaR
MANDINGOspqr
In my quest to find an alternative to "real" racing shoes, which are quite frankly a "luxury" item for SIM racing, for I just recently went with a G27 wheel set ($228 new shipped U.S. American scratch why the F not?! the Clubsport can wait) and it's quite a difference from the DFGT. I never could see the use for shoes with pedals til now, now I see, especially on the long races. I knew I needed a thin sole, just from experience in my own car. Tried some thin sole sneakers, OK but lacked feel too much brake! Hmmm....genuine race shoe, $$$-not easy to find a size 13. FAST Track SIM boots....nice look-OK price-they would probably work well-didn't want to wait-got races to run....Wrestling shoes-various $$-thin sole-still a challenge to find local in a 13...But wait, in the shoe section, on the clearance table, so simple, just minding their own business, water shoes! Neoprene that breathes with a flexible slightly stiff rubber sole ( I choose the Bodyglove) comfy, lots of feel through the sole, more pedal contact, long test/race stint fatigue is no more and at a $20 price why the hell not and they work and feel like socks with a sole! Don't or didn't see anything on this here and thought it might help a racer out!

Last edited:
While those might be nice for your stock G27 pedals, once you start upgrading like springs or Perfect Pedal, they won't.

I've tried a half dozen different shoes, neoprene booties etc.. and to this date the Fast track shoes are the best. I purchased 2 pairs from Mark over 2 & a 1/2 years. The one downside is they do take a considerable amount of time before they are delivered. Well worth the wait.

These help me go fast.

Fun_socks.png

I hear these things are great... I have several pairs of real racing boots obviously but for some reason I haven't tried them for sim racing...

But I do want a pair of these because they don't cost much, they slip on, and could be an alternative to house slippers... And heal-toe is a real pain in socks... (Because I roll my foot, picked up a bad habit early :/)

Back