Sim Tires

• Thread starter JrunkenC
  • 8 comments
I'm having a lot of trouble getting any of the cars to drift. The only cars that have a semblance of drifting are the MB SL and the nismo 350z but all the tires are way too sticky. I was wondering if anyone knows some way of getting Sim tires (thru action replay or something) Thanks.

I'd recommend an FR car. I am able to drift the Mercedes SL55 and SL500 pretty well in GTC without sims. It looks just like sims too, very long drifts.

FRs are balanced very nicely for drifting.

ok i guess no one's figured out any codes yet. :( oh well.

And I've been trying to drift with the leftmost set of tires (i think they're street tires.) They seem to be the slipperiest so...

And BreakerOhio, I was trying to drift with FR cars. I guess I shoulda clarified - the Mercedes Benz SL55 and the Nismo 350z are the only cars I could even semi-drift in. The problem is that the race cars (JGTC cars) don't allow you to choose any other set of tires except the race tires and the normal cars are all too weak.

eh... i did save a replay of me drifting the 350z in Tsukaba but it looks so awkward. It pains me to see myself using the e-brake so often but there's no going around it. :( eh hopefully someone will figure out some codes.

I think this should help:

arcade-car-options.jpg

The rest of the menu/selection translations are in this thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-35265.html

Hmm..
I was trying to drift with my FD3S Spirit Type-R and i can't feel the difference between Street and Normal. They don't slide too much.

I've given up on doing any kind of exhibition drifting. It's hard enough trying to consistently drift for speed. I'm just going to wait until I properly set up my cars for drifting.

Just stick to GT3 drifting - the outcome's more satisfying anyway.

Back