Simple questions from a newb

RaySirX
So I just got f1ce and have a couple easy questions. Its not possible to use setups during online racing? Is that right? And the other question is about cheating. After creating a game online and without using setups I noticed some times from Bahrain that seemed waaayyy lower than the majority. I dont want to be guessing about this and since there are no manditory ghost replays to watch like the gt5p leaderboards I wondered. Do people cheat in f1ce? THanks!!

No settings in online. The ridiculous times is due to clock bug. It just stops as I understand it. Noone takes online times seriously. But I don't think there is any cheating.

Thanks for the answers. I was especially worried about the cheating thing so its good to know it probably doesnt happen. On the other hand now I need to discover how to find more time at Bahrain! (best is mid 1'33s)

With which car? I've done mid 32 with Ferrari with presets. In my opinion Bahrain is really the only track where one can be competitive with presets. I've only 13th best time in the time trial thread so I'm not the fastest guy around to ask. But check out https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107242 and weekly hotlap series thread where the timetrial speeddemons hang out and share settings. I'm mostly into my career in this game so I just try to find a fast enough race setup as opposed to an optimal setting for 1 lap. I also recomment everyone to read http://iroland.uw.hu/html/F1 Car Setup.htm to better understand what setttings do to the car and experiment to find the fastest setting for you. Different settings can be equally fast depending how one drives and which sector/s one gives priority. Good luck! 👍

As I understand it, cheating is only something that happens PC games, not console games.

Oh it can happen to console games, man. Though it normally is done through the use of extorting glitches and certain items in games.

Since my first post I too have made a time in the 1'32's at Bahrain. In the McLaren. But see my other post about how this guy online (and almost everyone else online too) made a time pretty easy in the 1'31 using a weird rally style. Its sad really... what good is a so-called F1 sim if you can make a good time driving like Colin McRae??

Back