Simple Steering Wheel HelpXBOne 

• Thread starter 24Lemons
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
CookPasBabtridge
Firstly my apologies. I know this has been discussed ad infinitum but I find wading through hundreds of different forum posts quite overwhelming and confusing.

I just want to know how to set up my Thrustmaster TX Ferrari wheel so that it will give the best experience for this game.

I am very new to racing with a wheel so can anyone recommend a great one stop solution that will help me get the most out of Project Cars?

Many thanks!

Well, I have the T150 on PS4.

But, given our wheels are very similiar, I think my settings will help you cross platform.

Give them a try and see what you think.

There is no one stop solution, you must go into your options menu.

Options, Controls, Configuration

Steering deadzone 0
Steering sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 40
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 35

Speed sensitivity 0
Controller filter sensitivity 0
Damper saturation 0
Force feedback 50 (see below)
Rpm display Yes
Controller input mode 3
Advanced On
Soft steering dampening On
Visual wheel filtering On
Opposite lock Off

I like to run a lower force feedback in the options menu, but a higher force feedback on the master scale in your vehicle tuning.
You get a much better feel for the track surface doing this.

Only adjust the Master Scale in vehicle tuning.
I wouldn't adjust the FX, FY, MZ settings, mostly because it's very overwhelming and you really don't need to.

I hope that helps, there's lots of knowledgeable wheel users round here that are always glad to share.

XXI
Well, I have the T150 on PS4.

But, given our wheels are very similiar, I think my settings will help you cross platform.

Give them a try and see what you think.

There is no one stop solution, you must go into your options menu.

Options, Controls, Configuration

Steering deadzone 0
Steering sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 40
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 35

Speed sensitivity 0
Controller filter sensitivity 0
Damper saturation 0
Force feedback 50 (see below)
Rpm display Yes
Controller input mode 3
Advanced On
Soft steering dampening On
Visual wheel filtering On
Opposite lock Off

I like to run a lower force feedback in the options menu, but a higher force feedback on the master scale in your vehicle tuning.
You get a much better feel for the track surface doing this.

Only adjust the Master Scale in vehicle tuning.
I wouldn't adjust the FX, FY, MZ settings, mostly because it's very overwhelming and you really don't need to.

I hope that helps, there's lots of knowledgeable wheel users round here that are always glad to share.

Thanks very much XXI I'll give it a go. I suppose that having the options to tweak settings is a good thing but it confuses the hell out of me!

Sorry to bump this but I'm really puzzled. I have tried my Thrustmaster TX on Project Cars and Forza 6 and I just cant get Project Cars to feel right. I have tried numerous settings that I've found here and online but the force feedback doesn't seem to relate to what the car is doing.

When I play Forza 6 on default settings it just feels better. The wheel reacts how I'd imagine it would in real life and you can feel when the car is losing grip. It doesn't try to rip your arms out of their sockets either.

I really hope that I can find a balance that works because its spoiling the game for me a bit at the moment. Lets hope that Project Cars 2 is a little more accessible in this area.

Back