Simpler & Logical XP Point System!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Uday9479
  • 12 comments
  • 2,170 views
Messages
1,848
India
Mumbai
Messages
UnlikeUday
The XP point system in GT5 is a new feature which definitely adds to the charisma of the game! This feature wasn't in GT4 & neither were there various kinds of drivers which could be selected as a part of our team in B-Spec!

As we all know a certain amount of points make up a XP level or rating! As the XP rank gets higher, the amount of points within it gets a lot more & only after gaining these many points will the A-Spec/B-Spec driver go up another level!

What has become prominent is that the total amount of points that can be garnered till level 40 can only be attained after competing races or tournaments many times! In other words, the total number of races falls short for the amount of levels that are in the game!

Either the amount of levels should've been less or the amount of points that make a certain level should've been less! For eg. I'm on level 28 in A-Spec mode & have completed all races except for Formula Gran Turismo Championship & all but 2 races in Endurance Races! Level 28 comprises of approximately 5,00,000 points & when I've won any race (other than Endurance races), I got about 10,000 exp points! At such rate, I need to compete 50 races or so & this is just for Level 28! To reach Level 40, I don't know how many times I need to compete!

I ain't complaining but had it been about 50,000 or 1,00,000 points for every level then it would've been simpler & logical! Other good alternative should've been that there should've been much more races than there are currently so that there would be no irritation!

All things said, I've got no grudges against this lovely game & racing in A-Spec or B-Spec always brings a s(mile) on my face & satisfaction even!:sly:
 
It would've been even simpler to just use the old license system... it's almost as if they did this in GT5 just to make it more mainstream or something.
 
Just add alot more A-spec races. And new tracks to race them on. :D
 
Just add a difficulty slider that increases the AI to near perfect driving levels and increase the payouts accordingly, along with more laps and the less nannies I drive with the higher a percentage of money and xp gets doled out to me. Simple, so simple it's stupid. Also let the AI keep their cars tuned as closely to my car as possible for a real challenge, this should be easy with the amount of cars to choose from, in fact they should go one make should you choose a car that the AI can't directly compete with. For the Pros only!!!
 
The simplest thing would be to just get rid of it.

One of the most pointless and annoying "features" ever to hit GT.
 
It would've been even simpler to just use the old license system... it's almost as if they did this in GT5 just to make it more mainstream or something.

Amen!
 
Nightingale
It would've been even simpler to just use the old license system... it's almost as if they did this in GT5 just to make it more mainstream or something.

I liked the licences. They made me feel like I had to work for the right to drive faster cars. Not running races 40000000000 times.
 
The should just throw the whole thing out and redesign the progression similar to how it was in GT4 (but without making licences mandatory).
 
They did it this way as Japan like rpgs with massive grinding required for some reason.
 
I think the points implementation is fine as it is. I have a choice of whether or not to max out my A and B spec. (I did that by the way).

I like the suggestion above about changing points based on difficulty of the race. But, I would do it differently. Max points if you turn on penalties and full damage, using the same tires as the AI and same PP they do. Bonus points if your PP is lower and you add weather. Way fewer points if you want to run an overpowered car on race soft tires.
 
! !

! !

!

. ! ! ! !

! !

!

You'll notice that I cut out all of the text. What I've done is leave only the punctuation you inserted at the end of each sentence. Notice any trends here? With the exception of one single sentence, everything you typed ended with an exclamation point. Why is that? Are you angrily yelling at me or trying to hype up your suggestion as though it's the most brilliant idea since sliced bread?

More on topic, I don't really have any complaints about the level system. Sure, it's perhaps not entirely perfect, like having an event unlock at level 23 but the only car you can use for that event is a level 24 car, which is just plain stupid on PD's part, but in general I don't mind it all.
 
You'll notice that I cut out all of the text. What I've done is leave only the punctuation you inserted at the end of each sentence. Notice any trends here? With the exception of one single sentence, everything you typed ended with an exclamation point. Why is that? Are you angrily yelling at me or trying to hype up your suggestion as though it's the most brilliant idea since sliced bread?

More on topic, I don't really have any complaints about the level system. Sure, it's perhaps not entirely perfect, like having an event unlock at level 23 but the only car you can use for that event is a level 24 car, which is just plain stupid on PD's part, but in general I don't mind it all.

Well it's become a habit for typing online! You could call it somewhat Archie's influence! If you've read Archie's, every line ends with a !

What is beyond understanding is that there are much more points than the races! It would've been a better coincidence that by the time the last race has been completed, level 40 should've been reached but in reality, by the time the racing has been completed, we are only close to 2/3rd of the levels that are present in the game!

I think PD wants us to race every race more than once so that the game feels larger than life! No doubt, it is but not in this aspect!
 
The XP levels would work more logically if the licences were the only things unlocked at increasing levels and the races just had a license restriction like previous GT games.

This would solve the problem PD had of people doing the game 'backwards' by obtaining all the licenses at the start and doing the higher license/reward races as soon as possible.
 
Back