Simproject - hotlaps (looking to improve)

• Thread starter mcmatic
  • 3 comments
mcmatic
Hi Guys,

So, I created a youtube page called Simproject (from noob to...) where i do unboxing, install tutorials, reviews and hotlaps.
With these hotlaps i hope to get enough feedback from the community so i can improve my driving.

So, here are my first two hotlap vids.

and

I currently am getting used to:
- not shifting too late
- slowing down when getting understeer

I have had several comments i need to start learning to "heel toe" but i think its better to get the basics right at first? no?

Cheers,
Mike

Heel and toe is something you can pick up along the way of improving at sim racing. I wouldn't put a lot of concern on rev-matching right away.

Don't worry about heel toe yet, as your using manual without clutch the game is handling all the rev matching for you, it's only when you switch the manual with clutch that you will need to learn rev matching.

I noticed a couple of times you down shifted mid corner or on corner exit, you should avoid doing this, get the car into the gear you want to exit the corner in before you get to the apex, this will help you get out of the corner faster and you won't loose time changing gears when you should be accelerating

I finally watched the STI video. You've accelerated before the apex a few times there. That's why you slid so wide on exit. Also the corner entry is a little too high. If you were to slow down a little bit more, you'd find the car to be more controllable during the turn and giving you better grip on exit. Remember to roll onto the accelerator. This will help maximize grip.

The braking line is a decent aide if you absolutely don't know the tracks, but it's best to know the tracks. You should be able to identify fixed reference points for braking. That will give you a tremendous edge over a lot of players who rely on the braking line. While you are looking ahead, they will be looking down.

I always approach learning courses by thinking about, what "aides" would I have if I were actually at the track and alone in the car. Things like braking lines, floating maps and ghosts are turned off. I just take the car I like or need to familiarize myself with, and drive the track until I can go "all out" with a great level of confidence.
It's not an instant process and, for courses I don't like; it's a drag. But in the end, I can run that track without embarrassing my self... Too much. Speaking of which, I have to come to terms with Dubai. :grumpy:

Latest Posts

Back