Simpsons Season 15 and 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter Swift
  • 6 comments
  • 509 views

Swift

GT Sport is looking good...
Staff Emeritus
Messages
10,116
United States
Maryland, USA
Messages
swift-bass
Is it just me or are these seasons really bizzare? :odd:

I mean the humor just isn't the same. Things that used to be just a bit over the top are now really, really out there. Did they loose some writers or something? I'm just wondering.

I'm not going to be one of those people that say, "The old stuff is better because it is!" However, these new episodes seem to be lacking something. Like the one with Marge in the cooking contest from two weeks ago. It was ok until she turned into this cheater with wrath pouring from her ears. That just didn't seem like Marge to me.

The thing I liked the best from the previous seasons is that almost without fail one of two things would happen. 1) The beginning of the episode would setup the rest of the episode without really having anything to do with it. 2) There was a connection to a previous episode somewhere. That seems to have been lost on these last two seasons.

I'll still give them a fair shot episode by episode. But it just seems like somethings missing. Thoughts?
 
Well, regarding Marges character, there have been episodes that show her as 'human' and not just her perfect cookie cutter self. She was a bit of a drunk for a while, a gambling addict, and at the end of the episode where homer gets a gun, she ends up keeping it becuase she saw her reflection, and liked the way she looked with it. They are trying to show her as an every-woman that is temped like the rest of us, not the perfect Mrs. Cleaver Mom...


As for the episodes changing formats...I believe they are trying to get a fresh angle, you can only go back co much before repitition takes over, and only die hard fans appreciate it...you wont get new viewers because they wont get the throw back shows.

Off topic, I have an idea for a show, I think it would be damn cool.
Fat Tony is sent to prison, and through some identity mistake, the Mafia enlist Homer as the new Springfield Capo. As a normal civilian working normal job, Homer is an idiot, but as a boss of a crime family, he thrives and the cops cannot catch him. They only way they can think of catvhing him is to get Marge back on the police force ( they offer her a position ) she doesn't know they are just asking her to come back to catch Homer. Once she re-joins, they say she has to catch him, and Marge;s sense of duty sends her on the mission of catching Homer...

side story : Bart starts his own "crime syndicate" and enlists the bully 4 some from school as the muscle, Milhouse as the 'accountant' and use the treehouse as their hideout...Lisa works to bust the ring open to save the nerdy kids at school their lunch money and respect.
 
That's cool man. Just wanted to see what some others thought.
 
I will agree though, there is something missiing in the new episodes....things like in the episode where Marge get a job at the Plant, mr. burns is trying to impress her, waxes his head before she comes into his office, when she comes in, he leans his head inot his hand, waxed head slips out of hand and smacks his desk, classic !
 
TwinTurboJay
I will agree though, there is something missiing in the new episodes....things like in the episode where Marge get a job at the Plant, mr. burns is trying to impress her, waxes his head before she comes into his office, when she comes in, he leans his head inot his hand, waxed head slips out of hand and smacks his desk, classic !

that's the kinda stuff I'm talking about. Now it just seems too over the top.

Like Bart getting Robert Goule into his treehouse casino, The Homer's enemy episode(one of my favorites), and of course....any episode with Side show bob! :lol:
 
Bob rules 👍. I agree, the new episodes are missing something, they don't seem as good to me anymore. I used to make sure I saw every simpson episode that was ever on but now I just cath one or two a week. I've seen the old ones so many times (though they're still funny but I've got better things to do than watch an episode I've seen 20 odd times) and the new ones don't seem funny to me.
 
i was thinking the same thing about how the new ones just don't seem real at all. it seems like with every new season the show gets less and less realistic.

i don't really care though. i'll watch until it gets cancelled.
 
Back