SimuCUBE is Getting an Official Support for Wireless Steering Wheels

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by super_gt, Dec 7, 2018.

1. super_gt

super_gt

Technical details & FAQ:

• Wireless support may be added to all existing Simucube’s by plugging in a wireless receiver on the SC board (receiver sold separately)
    • Transmitter will be inside the steering wheel button plate. In 2019 there will be wheels in the market that have SC wireless transmitter out-of-the-box.
    • Special attention has been paid to transmitter energy consumption to maximize the battery life. Single battery will last over 3 years on daily hard-core use. For more casual use with long shelf life battery, 10+ years can be expected.
    • To maximize battery life, there’s no LED’s or displays on the wheel side. As many use VR headset anyways, we thought it may be better this way.

SIMUCUBE.png

2. kikie

kikie Premium

Wow, I'm going to be radiated. :scared:

Sim racing is indeed a dangerous sport.

SimCube; is this also used by Simracingbay?

3. super_gt

super_gt

Yes.

kikie likes this.
  4. Dopplegagger

Dopplegagger

I am surprised that this has not been done already. I also wonder if it would be a good idea to bypass the wheelbase all together, and make a Bluetooth controller, that functions as a button box with paddles and bolt that to the wheel? Something like that could definitely work on PC, but not on current (or future) consoles due to licensing. Make it a chargeable battery operated device, and your all set. No need to make a proprietary transmitter and receiver.

I finally went to the links shared in the original post. I have to say Sim U Cube is thinking correctly about this. It isn't limited to one manufacturer, and will be available in DIY kits. Sounds great.

Will this enable Sim-U-Cube wheels to have infinate rotation?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    super_gt likes this.
  5. Benzy2

Benzy2

Seems like an odd way to do this. Buttons through the Simucube and not direct to the PC. I suppose as long as the info all goes out to the Pc it doesn’t matter where it’s connected.

I’ve been working on a cheap BT option and have a few ways to get there. The issue is that the budget, DIY stuff doesn’t play that nice as a gamepad but does as a keyboard. If you can map the button box to keyboard buttons it’s fairly easy and straight forward to get 10-12 buttons with 1s lipo, charger, and USB access/charging. If you want gamepad function rather than keyboard, things get tougher and less preprogrammed.

6. super_gt

super_gt

PzR Slim likes this.