Simulation tyres

  • Thread starter Thread starter HRT_Maloo
  • 3 comments
  • 440 views

HRT_Maloo

(Banned)
Messages
635
Out of interest, I have decided to fit simulation tyres to all of my stock cars and see how realistic it is when it comes to 1/4 mile times.
Not very realistic. After dozens of different launching methods, the best I could get for the S2000 with TCS off was 15.1. And I could only get the Type R Hondas in the 16s, which is far too slow

It was nearly impossible to get the stock MX5 sliding with slicks on without using the brakes, but with sim tyres on, it was very twitchy round the Complex String. Also, the S14 200SX was 8 seconds quicker round the Complex String than the Elise (all stock), but when they were on slicks, the Elise was far quicker than the 200SX. :odd:
 
I've run a 10 race series on Sim Tires and found them quite realistic (at least compared to regular tires), but if you want to experience them properly you'll also have to use a Wingman FF / GT Force wheel (other wheels may work but are usually not as well tuned to GT3 Force Feedback wise) AND set Steering Assist on SIMULATION MODE. :)

Anyway, PD themselves complained that they didn't like putting realistic tracks into GT3 because they couldn't manage to run the cars realistic times on them. Something they're apparently addressing in GT4 (you can see something of that in the Volkswagen Cup Training Disc they've been working on) and I suspect loads of existing tracks in that version.

But if you tell me what a realistic time is for the cars you mention at the 400m stretch and I'll give it a shot myself. Be sure to mention whether the REAL car has TCS and/or ASM.
 
:odd: You guys have too much free time at hand :lol:

I never use sim tires on my cars , unless its for drifting. Some cars with over 300hp handles pretty good actually with sim tires, but when I switch to T2s, I can't even turn properly with some cars. Maybe it's just me.
 
Its the school holidays.

Anyway, what I said about the S14 200SX been quicker than the Elise, I had the normal tyres on and not the sims, so its nowhere as quick :banghead:
 
Back