Since achieving level 40

• Thread starter Manly
  • 12 comments
ManlyMisfit
I find that the experience I receive is being wasted. I would like to see an update in the future that either doesn't limit the amount of experience you can acquire, convert experience into currency, or allow the transfer of experience to friends.

I find that the experience I receive is being wasted. I would like to see an update in the future that either doesn't limit the amount of experience you can acquire, convert experience into currency, or allow the transfer of experience to friends.

Transfer to friends would be a bad idea. Not really giving them legit levels then.

However i agree with you on the convert to currency thing. This would help the level 40's that have had enough of grinding to lower the amount needed for cash, keeping them interested in the game enough to get the car collection.

Transfer to friends would be a bad idea. Not really giving them legit levels then.

However i agree with you on the convert to currency thing. This would help the level 40's that have had enough of grinding to lower the amount needed for cash, keeping them interested in the game enough to get the car collection.

+1 👍

Also have a prestige system.

You get good XP for being a clean racer too.

Lets say that 10,000 XP=1 level of Prestige, when you reach a level, you get a certain amount of cash, OR you pick a mystery car. The car would be hidden under blanket (like on prologue), and it will be revealed if you pick it.

I don't see the point of a prestiging system. It's not like Call of Duty where you are just going to keep playing online anyways so you might as well prestige. Who in their right mind is going to spend the time to prestige and get to lvl 40 a second/third/fourth time. I know I wouldn't.

I like the convert to currency idea though. That'd be sweet.

To be honest, I find the entire level system fundamentally flawed. It's not really a good indicator of someone's skill in the game, rather that they can play for a long time. I'm not saying that all Level 40's have no skill, rather that because of the way you obtain levels, you could barely be faster than the A.I and still get there.

A better system would be to have many factors (such as power of the car related to the opposition, how far ahead you are etc) to give you an average 'ranking' (for instance, out of 100. If you use the same cars as the A.I, but you put in a massive lead, you'd be closer to 100, but if you had a car ridiculously more powerful and put in the same lead, you'd be closer to 0). With each race your 'ranking' increases or decreases based on these factors (starting at 50, for instance).

A system like that would be much better for measuring a person's skill, since not only would they have to do those wins, but do them consistently.

Increased A.I difficulty would be welcome, but due to the amount of cretins who complained at how difficult the seasonal challenges were(n't) (and the changes PD made to 'rectify' this 'issue') I would not be surprised to never see this come to fruition.

A better system would be to have many factors (such as power of the car related to the opposition, how far ahead you are etc) to give you an average 'ranking' (for instance, out of 100. If you use the same cars as the A.I, but you put in a massive lead, you'd be closer to 100, but if you had a car ridiculously more powerful and put in the same lead, you'd be closer to 0). With each race your 'ranking' increases or decreases based on these factors (starting at 50, for instance).

I rather like this idea.
In GT4 I remember there was a box in the home section which displayed one's accuracy, aggression, track knowledge and so on which gave an over all summary of what kind of driver one was. If that could be some how tied into the xp/currency system of GT5 it might please a few disheartened people.
I doubt very much anything like this will be implemented though, it's only a thought.

At least they could've removed the EXP menu when you actually hit max level...
Kinda annoying to see the EXP popup when you don't get any but still have to click OK.

Just up the level to 100.

Agree with what's being said here, either totaly remove the XP or convert it to credits; so annoying to keep seeing the XP being wasted, what's the point of it even appearing?

XP to credits would be a good thing, though I've only reached lvl30 A-spec and 27 B-spec, so a while to go on that one.

Honestly I'd like to see them release a DLC that ups the level cap and adds a new race series into the game, something like Levels 40-50 adds a full F1 season or similiar, or given the wonders of licensing a series of races where the cars are all the same, including yours, so you really do have to be good in order to win etc (rather than just say over powered). Or make use of those licenses you earn for apparently no reason!

Why add levels 40 - 50 when between 30 and 40 there are so many wasted levels, big jumps that could have been filled with many more events. Ridiculous system, whoever dreamt it up and whoever approved it are dumb beyond belief.

Both of these ideas are awesome. Some sort of Prestige mode would be cool (except obviously not like Call of Duty, I don't want to lose cars). Start over at level 1, build back up to 40, get a prize car ticket or some sort of reward for every 5 levels.

XP converted to credits would also be cool, and would (somewhat) solve the cash problem.

Back