Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Sorry, I just don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • What the heck is the Internet?

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Wouldn't it be wise to have an option to put your cars up for sale? Then people could buy them over the internet, you'd make money and free your garage, and they could get cars that they wanted for cheap! Of course, this wouldn't replace the Used Lot that HOPEFULLY they WILL INCLUDE!

It's just a thought, just to help us out. Just think of it as an instant classifieds!

I think I sugested that a while ago, I cant be arsed to search for it though. Yeah thats a good idea I mean if you have a car that you dont really like but you ve put money into it to do some sort of series. You could then just sell it off so someone else could use it. Or as I said somewhere else if you were able to set up an online server for GTN Someone could make an online car pool for say GTP :D then making online competitions fair would be much easyer.

that would be good but only if the cars come with diff tuners like K&N Greedy it would be good but if they get the factory tuners whats the point of doing that unless its a special car u haven't got because u could probably get the car n e ways because there isn't going to be n e indivituality if you buy two of tha same kind of car and we usually tune them up as much as we can right?

But If they did that diff. tuners insted of just the factory than that could be a tight ass idea

:lol: If people would be able to buy your cars on the net, would they be able to steal them too?

Brilliant idea though 💡 Post an email of to Sony/Polyphony about it? :computer:

Originally posted by cheeks52
that would be good but only if the cars come with diff tuners like K&N Greedy it would be good but if they get the factory tuners whats the point of doing that unless its a special car u haven't got because u could probably get the car n e ways because there isn't going to be n e indivituality if you buy two of tha same kind of car and we usually tune them up as much as we can right?

But If they did that diff. tuners insted of just the factory than that could be a tight ass idea

I was thinking about different tuning companys myself recently. But say you want different tuning parts for your skyline, initialy you would start off with the standard Nismo tuning parts, so to unlock the other altertate parts manufacturers for your skyline you would have to run the Skyline Manufacturers cup, after youve won that you get access to a whole load of different racing mods and tuner companys. How about that?

Originally posted by alexy2k
:lol: If people would be able to buy your cars on the net, would they be able to steal them too?

Brilliant idea though 💡 Post an email of to Sony/Polyphony about it? :computer:

I don't know, the whole thing about sending a little message to a huge corp. just seems like it would get tossed to the side... But it's worth a try!

I doubt that. If that were true then hardly anyone would get online with GTN for the fear of having their cars stolen.

Yea, I know just the thought of online theft can't be far away if you think about it... If people can empty bank accounts I'm sure they can pinch a garage :lol:

Originally posted by rjensen11
I don't know, the whole thing about sending a little message to a huge corp. just seems like it would get tossed to the side... But it's worth a try!

I must admit I think GT makers would have interest in what we suggest, after all it's Free Market Research to Sony when the players say exactly what they'd like from the games....:floppy:

And at the end of day it's us that buy the games and pays their wages, right? :2cents:

alexy2k

You're forgetting one thing here:
Most people will buy this game and recommend it for the sole purpose that it's a Gran Turismo game. I bet there's a few people in here that wouldn't give a hoot if the game was good or bad, they'd want it anyway. But yeah, point taken.

I think thats the most cost-effective way to developing the game.

Gran Turismo 4 and beyond, I mean.

alexy2k

You're forgetting one thing here:
Most people will buy this game and recommend it for the sole purpose that it's a Gran Turismo game. I bet there's a few people in here that wouldn't give a hoot if the game was good or bad, they'd want it anyway. But yeah, point taken.

Yea but if :gt: Games did start losing quality, gamers would eventually stop buying them...... So it's in Polyphony/Sony's best interest too keep up the good games :thumbsup:

Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
I think thats the most cost-effective way to developing the game.

Gran Turismo 4 and beyond, I mean.

What do you mean cost-effective? Here's what I'd love:

If we got the hard drive, then we could get demos, or order the game and get parts of it as it comes! So, we'd start out with some of the tracks and cars, but as it gets sooner to the day they ship the disks, we'd get more and more of the game.

How do you like that?

What do you mean cost-effective? Here's what I'd love:

If we got the hard drive, then we could get demos, or order the game and get parts of it as it comes! So, we'd start out with some of the tracks and cars, but as it gets sooner to the day they ship the disks, we'd get more and more of the game.

How do you like that?

Cost Effective in that :gt: makers can surf the GTP Forums for nothing and hence do their Market Research :D...Then they'd find out what gamers want and be able to develop the games :floppy:, see Rjenson?

And Rjenson what do you mean by Get parts of a game :confused:

Cost Effective in that :gt: makers can surf the GTP Forums for nothing and hence do their Market Research :D...Then they'd find out what gamers want and be able to develop the games :floppy:, see Rjenson?

And Rjenson what do you mean by Get parts of a game :confused:

BTW, it's Jensen, not Jenson. Anyway, by 'get parts of a game,' I was basically thinking of it as a BETA game. Kind of like how WarCraft 3 was. Except, if we had the hard drive, we could order GTN, and after we get the basic part(e.g., for Warcraft III and RTCW, there was the Multiplayer part.) But the additional parts would be new tracks, cars, modifications, and possibly Arcade Mode. And once they have the Sim. mode done, well, then we could either get a 'free' disk, since we already purchased the game, or install it via their website(which would probably not be the best idea with hackers and everyone, it's best to leave the Sim mode on a disk, so they can't hack it. Besides, that'll still be the major market, seeing that not everyone has a broadband connection...)

And to you, f1king:

I believe that this would be able to act as PART of the used car lot, if there is one. And if there isn't, then this will be like the trading cars option like you can do with the Memory Cards. This way, you could preserve your settings and soup up your car all the way if you have tons of money, and sell it to your friend all in the comfort of each of your own homes. And if you wanted to put it up for auction, heck! That's an even better idea! If you have a super-rare car, and you're bored with it, put it up for sale to the highest bidder! More money for you, more competition for them 😈 :embarrassed:lympics: :hummer:

Heh heh heh...

Wouldn't it be wise to have an option to put your cars up for sale? Then people could buy them over the internet, you'd make money and free your garage, and they could get cars that they wanted for cheap! Of course, this wouldn't replace the Used Lot that HOPEFULLY they WILL INCLUDE!

It's just a thought, just to help us out. Just think of it as an instant classifieds!
..............can u say motor city :mad:

Back