Since NO GT4 for X-MAS who........

  • Thread starter Thread starter djcivic
  • 29 comments
  • 1,662 views

Who is going to get the Japanese GT4?


  • Total voters
    119
  • Poll closed .
Messages
28
Since NO GT4 for X-MAS who will try to get their hands on a Japanese versoin of GT4? They are getting it Dec 28 and US is going to be sometime in the first quater of 2005 and who knows when other countries will see the game.
 
Why would it be long after the 28th for US to get it? And Other countries means like countries in Europe and stuff right? Will Canada get it same time as US?
 
you dont have a option for not even buying the game.
 
And what's the point of including such option at Gran Turismo Planet forum.
 
I'm waiting for the official PAL release of the game. There will probably be a grand unvieling of the game in HMV Oxford street London. I think I'll contact my friend who owns a games shop, see what he knows about the big day.
 
will a game save from the japanese one functuion on the american one? i will probably have one save where i actaully do the game and one where i use cheats to buy all the cars i want
 
I was wondering that too, will the Japanese game work on U.S. NTSC PS2's, and what language is it in?
 
I would but the wait is still surely long either way. Besides sometimes some online Japanese stores selling the game rip you off cause your from America. Hope it's not racisms :nervous: But most likely I'll just wait till' the American version comes out, and just enjoy hearing the cars from the Asian GT4 players are getting and ect. Oh think of that now, will there be certain cars on the Japanese version that won't be on the PAL or American. Hopefully not. :nervous:
 
icemanshooter23
I was wondering that too, will the Japanese game work on U.S. NTSC PS2's, and what language is it in?

no, american ps2's will not play imports unless modded. mine is modded so i will be gettin the import, ill prolly get all 3 versions if there are any differences in them... (yes i know how to convert from pal to ntsc as well)
 
I think it's impossible to transfer Asian game save data onto an American game. I had the faster Japanese version of Tekken 3 and couldn't transfer the save data to my Pal version. By the way Gillet your avatar is very nice. 👍
 
as long as there is english text on the japanese one, who really cares?

i might actually download it just to spite PD for ruining my holidays
 
And what's the point of including such option at Gran Turismo Planet forum

because i may want to rent it as i probably wont be impressed after the wait.
 
Gamestop has the release date as the third of January so if thats legit then the wait isn't that bad from Japan.


But who knows...maybe for fun PD will push the game back to May or something.
 
So since the game won't be released this Christmas, would I get the Japanese version? My answer: an empahic NO! I'm a GT fan, but I'm no fanatic. I'm pretty sure you can still reserve the game, but I don't need the game THAT bad. I still want to play the game even if it takes until Christmas 2009. But I'm not going to go into importing another language. Another reason why not? I'm cheap :lol:.
 
What if it's delayed until Christmas 2010, John?
 
errrr.... the Japanese?

John - i think Xmas 2009 is still a little optimistic ;)
 
I won't because my PS2 doesn't have a modchip.
I was thinking to install a modchip so I could play the PAL version of Richard Burns Rally., but changed my mind
2 days ago when I went to the EB Games website and realised that GT4 was officially delayed in Canada I had a "healthy" reaction:
1) I drank 2 beers
2) ) ordered 1 PC CDROM copy of Richard Burns rally and Grand Prix Legends to keep me busy until 2005.
Sony doesn't give a damn if the game is released before 2005 or not. They know that we GT fans are a "captive market" and we'll buy the game no matter at what date it 'll be released.
 
demon of speed
By the way Gillet your avatar is very nice. 👍

OT for just a quick second..but who is that a picture of...cuz DAMN..she's very good looking! :)
 
Adriana Lima, try skins.be if u want some nice wallpapers of her, and other sexy girls.

Have fun. :)

*fapfapfap*

👍
 
If the JDM version of the game has online play will the online mode be able to work on a usdm ps2?
 
I would but you have to have a mod chip or something to play it and I cant read japannesse.
 
I've had a Japanese copy pre-ordered since Sept. Don't worry about the language, as there will be plenty of people to translate it and post screens. I have a friend who can translate it for me if need be.
 
"What if it's delayed until Christmas 2010, John?" -Do You Race?

To me, I don't care when it comes out, as long as it's out. I'd be upset that it would take that long, but I would at least like to play it because I'm a GT fan. Maybe even a highly-devoted and well-natured fan of the game series. Even when "GTA: San Andreas" came out, I was still in school, minding my own business and awaiting the oppurtunity to one day rent or even own the game. So in other words, I can deal. I'm not the ideal gamer, but everyone's devotion to a game and its game series (if any) is different. That's just me, GTPlanet.
 
Well, my PS2 isn't chip-modded so I won't get the Japanese version, and anyway, I don't have a clue how to read Japanese. Moreover, I think America will get it not long after, so I'll be waiting.... :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: .

PD should hire a time managing specialist.

See ya :sly:
 
I have a modchip so I'll probably play all three version of GT4! :)
 
As you already know no GT4 for this holiday, but yesterday I received an email from PlayStation Underground (as usual) but this time the email has the subject "PlayStation Holiday 2004: Sneak a peak today !" and inside it has a picture of PlayStation 2 games and a link to a page that has the games for this holiday. But what caught my eyes is among the games on the picture, there is a game with Gran Turismo logo.

This is funny, the game is delay till next year and now they send an email with Gran Turismo game in it, I guess they took this picture before the delay announced. If you just received PlayStation Underground email then you know what I'm talking about.
 
Back