Single Race Grid Position

• Thread starter CHEN255
  • 11 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
chen-255
For this mode the starting grid position always seems to be last place for the player.
I would really like for it to be random, I think it would just be more interesting that way & would mix it up a bit instead of always starting last.
What do players of this mode think about it?
If I want to ask Evo Studios for this to be addressed in a future update, would the best way to do this be via their Facebook page? I don't know how hard it would be to implement but they have made several gameplay changes already so perhaps this could happen as well. Single Race is so customisable that to me this would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Try @rushy on Twitter. He's the big guy at Evolution and listens to lots of feedback that people tweet him. Customising grid positions sounds good! Maybe a bigger reward for starting further behind?

For this mode the starting grid position always seems to be last place for the player.
I would really like for it to be random, I think it would just be more interesting that way & would mix it up a bit instead of always starting last.
What do players of this mode think about it?
If I want to ask Evo Studios for this to be addressed in a future update, would the best way to do this be via their Facebook page? I don't know how hard it would be to implement but they have made several gameplay changes already so perhaps this could happen as well. Single Race is so customisable that to me this would be the icing on the cake.
In SP the player tends to start last, but in a championship style event, you will start further up the pack, say ninth or so. Online is a completely random placing.

If you want to suggest something to Evolution, maybe Twitter is better, though they do read and note comments from FB - so in the end, either is good; just if you want more chance of an answer, then Twitter is the way to go.

EDIT: tree'd

Try @rushy on Twitter. He's the big guy at Evolution and listens to lots of feedback that people tweet him. Customising grid positions sounds good! Maybe a bigger reward for starting further behind?

In SP the player tends to start last, but in a championship style event, you will start further up the pack, say ninth or so. Online is a completely random placing.

If you want to suggest something to Evolution, maybe Twitter is better, though they do read and note comments from FB - so in the end, either is good; just if you want more chance of an answer, then Twitter is the way to go.

EDIT: tree'd

Thanks I'll give Twitter a go

Hi @CHEN255 I'm guessing you decided to give it a go and download the free PS+ version after the other thread? What do you think of the AI? Game in general? :) Starting last is also fun- puts the pressure on you to take positions quicker, some of the tour games i.e Punching above your weight and Ferrari ones you have to take 1st pretty quick so it is not all clean racing!!! (as demonstrated by the crash thread!:lol:) 👍

It would be better to be able to pick any starting position as well.

@MeanElf - Is there no qually online, or reverse grids?

VBR
It would be better to be able to pick any starting position as well.

@MeanElf - Is there no qually online, or reverse grids?

There is no qualifying online, it really is random. You'd think that if you win the first online race, you'll be put in the back. But nope, it can put you front, middle, back, or in between regardless of your performance. If there is a grid system online, I haven't countered it yet.

There is no qualifying online, it really is random. You'd think that if you win the first online race, you'll be put in the back. But nope, it can put you front, middle, back, or in between regardless of your performance. If there is a grid system online, I haven't countered it yet.

That's very disappointing indeed. Not having the option for hosts to choose between several different types would be very frustrating for me.

VBR
That's very disappointing indeed. Not having the option for hosts to choose between several different types would be very frustrating for me.

Hopefully, the upcoming private lobbies will solve this problem. The idea of a private lobby does offer a lot of customization.
Public lobby does not have a host, per say, its more of the server puts everyone in one lobby where there'll be a loading time to gather all the players or scatter them throughout different sessions (which does happen during high traffic time) before starting up.

Hi @CHEN255 I'm guessing you decided to give it a go and download the free PS+ version after the other thread? What do you think of the AI? Game in general? :) Starting last is also fun- puts the pressure on you to take positions quicker, some of the tour games i.e Punching above your weight and Ferrari ones you have to take 1st pretty quick so it is not all clean racing!!! (as demonstrated by the crash thread!:lol:) 👍
Hi torque99, I did more than that, I went the whole hog and purchased the full game along with the season pass. It was such good timing that the special deal landed at exactly the same time that I just got interested in DC.
I absolutely love this game and find it very addictive, EVO studios has really hit the sweet spot with it. I'm just having an absolute blast playing!! It looks absolutely gorgeous, the car list is amazing, the tracks are fun x 100 and I think the AI are right up amongst the best that I have played against.
The handling is amazing, leaning just enough in the sim direction for me, I can really feel what's going on with the car inderneath me. The cars all have their unique handling traits, enough so that it makes me believe that I.am actually driving that car, it's an immersion thing I guess, and DC succeeds in that. This is a very subjective thing but I rate this handling model above Grid Autosport, I never felt convinced with its handling but Druveclubs has hooked me.
Thanks to all the GTP forum members who answered my queries and helped me make the decision to buy this great game, it's one of my favourites now.
I'm in serious danger of being a fanboy for Driveclub, actually I think I already am.

Hi torque99, I did more than that, I went the whole hog and purchased the full game along with the season pass...
Good for you - I'm glad you're enjoying it.

This is what I meant by advising you to be leery of online comments - many of the points you made in the game's favour others have adamantly slammed, such as vehicles not having individual handling styles, the AI and handling model. True, it is subjective but there are a lot of squeaky wheels out there demanding attention and reparation as if Evolution had gone around to their house and kicked their dog.

Don't forget to give photomode a go and post up your pictures here.

Well done @CHEN255 👍:gtpflag:I knew you would like it, any one who likes fun fast addictive racing will like this and it only keeps getting better remember with all the things they keep improving on. :cheers:

Edit: If you haven't already done so you need to join a club to get the other free cars! And then you have another load of TT challenges from club members etc

Back