Skoda 110 Super Sport (Type 724) "Ferat" 1981

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 11 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents another rare car from Skoda, the Skoda 110 "Ferat" Super Sport, type 724 Concept 1971.

Well the car is not exactly a beauty but in terms of design it has something which made me to bring this car under PD's attention, no not only because the big wing but mainly it's shape a kind of Honda Civic? ... And the fact that this car is vampire, just read the story!

With thanks to CostasDrifter for the research work.

2ew2q20.jpg

This Skoda can be found in the Skoda museum in Mlada Boleslav. Exposition quite restrained, with its inherent emphasis on brand tradition: the iconic model since the formation of the present day.

When you visit the Skoda museum who will see many prototypes and all-terrain vehicles or vans. Skoda sporting achievements are presented by a pair of Fabia rally (2003) and LR 130 RS (1984), modestly standing at the end of the hall. After a while you will come across the Skoda 110 Super Sport "Ferat".

Ferat Vampire RSR - rally car, built by a foreign company Ferat. Not too outstanding technical data but an interesting body shape... What else?

Oh yes, a curious fact: you'll never have to stop off at the gas station to fill the car. She rides on human blood! And what's more, the car sucks it right out of the driver's right foot (Warning - drivers do not last long). Scary? And then! Let's take a closer look at this unusual work of Czech artists and learn the history of its occurrence.

In 1970, Skoda produces rear-rear-wheel drive coupe, the Skoda 110 R Coupe, a quite popular car at the time, which will be produced during a little more than a decade (11 years).
And just a year after its launch, on the basis of this compartment in Mlada Boleslav absolutely gorgeous building concept in the spirit of the time - Škoda 110 Super Sport (Type 724).

Features inspired by fashion trends techno-design of those years (look at the model of the Italian supercars of the time!). Angular silhouette, plenty of equipment in the cabin and the fiber body is actually composed of two halves of the tip-up. On plaque we can read: Doors - 1, seats - 2.

Despite the fact that the car is equipped with the engine from a Skoda 110 L Rallye we are afraid, even by the standards of the beginning of the 'seventies, the maximum speed of 180 km/h and acceleration from zero to hundreds in 12.6 seconds not the specifications are we would expect.
It is not surprising that such a controversial, but still not the most technologically advanced prototype did not get a serial implementation.

So the car gather dust somewhere in the factory warehouse for a long time.
In 1981 the Czech director Juraj Herz, started shooting the sci-fi thriller "The Vampire of Ferati".

At a certain moment racer Mima signs a contract with a foreign car manufacturer named Ferat, but her friend Marek knows that the machine does not use conventional fuels but and human blood. The main role in the film was a prototype from Skoda. However, a light color and had a round front shape and did not look quite viciously. Therefore, they designed for the movie a new front bumper, redesigned also the headlights and completed the car with a radical black color. The movie made some success in the Czech cinema, and this model gets the prefix "Ferat" in the title, as a tribute by participating in the movie.

Specifications
Drive: Mid-engine and rear-wheel drive
Engine: inline four-cylinder overhead valve
Displacement: 1107 cm³
Cylinder diameter: 72 mm
Stroke: 68 mm
Compression ratio: 10.4
Power: 55 kW (75 hp) at 6250 rev/min
Torque: 83 Nm at 5250 rev/min
Transmission: Four-speed
Wheelbase: 2500 mm
Weight: 898 kg
Maximum speed: 161 km/h
Acceleration 0- 100 km/h: 12.6 seconds

34ytijd.jpg

4sinlu.jpg

rr0bk2.jpg

555kqs.jpg

proxy.php

THE OTHER SKODAS ARE HERE

2gt9on4.jpg

Last edited:
....My gawd, it's epically, sinfully, cross-my-heart UGLY.

Perfect for a troll car, then. :mischievous:

As an aside, this could've become a batmobile of Eastern European version of the Dark Knight....

When i was little i was really terrified by that movie where Ferat sucked blood from drivers foot :D

PS. i was going to create this too. But i was lazy. :)

Looks to me like a Lotus Europa smashed into the back of a Ford Sierra and they fused together :D

I can see something of the Lotus Europa but Ford Sierra?

Sorry for double post, could reply both in one post ... my fault.
:banghead:

I always had a feeling the Pontiac Aztek wasn't the ugliest car in the world.

Well, I will suggest more "ugly" cars in the future maybe this one will less ugly among the others?
It's okay no hard feelings. thanks for your comment it could be worse.
:cheers:

Last edited:

Well, I will suggest more "ugly" cars in the future maybe this one will less ugly among the others?

Just the front end really :D
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's just my opinion. And I did and still do vote for a lot of the cars you suggest. So its not about you or against you. :D

It's just my opinion. And I did and still do vote for a lot of the cars you suggest. So its not about you or against you. :D

No problem mate ... of course you may always keep your opinion, I respect that.
Thanks for your support, very appreciated since the last time I lost a few friends from the old days which have been bullied by a bunch of kids .. who think that likes are only for them.

An underpowered 70s Communist highway monster, transformed in the ominous-looking star of a cheesy 80s czech thriller movie, in which it sucks the driver's blood when he pushes the gas pedal? Awesome. Look at that spoiler!

Also, here's a nice video with scenes from the movie Upìr z Feratu.

Last edited:
Back