Skydiving Thread

• Thread starter Renrag39
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
Caister-on-Sea
Renrag39
I saw a 10yo thread so I guess I'll start a new one!
Anyone here jump regularly or thinking of doing it?

I did a Tandem on 20-1-17, same day I quit the fags, got the bug and got qualified in July. BPA A license. Will be starting to get briefed for B license and FS1 in a month or 2. Just fun jumping and perfecting my plummeting atm.
I jump at Beccles DZ in the UK, out of a 208 Caravan @13k.
Today will be my 28th jump, possibly 29th and 30th if time permits.

See you @ the Beer Line!

Not any more for me.

As a guess I had around 30 jumps, I would have to find and check my log book. It's been around 20 years since my last jump.
Never did a Tandem started on static line and passed five of those before progressing to various length free falls and then onto different dives, frog, delta etc and diving out of the plane instead of hanging off the wing.
Good times, now my kids are getting a bit older and I begin to have more time on my hands again I really should think about of getting back into it.

All my jumps were at Bridgewater in Victoria Australia.

@Renrag39 I was wondering if you were joking about jumping. :ill:

I did a static line wing hang drop from 1000m up, about 22yrs ago in rural Shelton, WA. It was great fun, but I soon went toward snow skiing for my expensive hobby.

Last time I had an easy overboard moment in a plane that I definitely wasn't jumping out of:

@Bleached took us out prior to Sebring '16 :D

full

Last edited:
That's part of my problem also, too many expensive hobbies :lol:.

Your image is broken for me mate.
Try again, just trying to keep them here on gtp :lol: Because Sebring.

Piper Cub '48? was so amazing. As we took off we saw lots of swirling jumpers doing practice runs.

Try again, just trying to keep them here on gtp :lol: Because Sebring.

Piper Cub '48? was so amazing. As we took off we saw lots of swirling jumpers doing practice runs.

Yep got it now 👍, beautiful looking plane. I wouldn't jump out of that either unlike the Cessna 172 I used to jump out of.

Thing had no door (not really important) but I was often surprised it got off the ground. Scariest bit was until we go to about 1000 feet so we could at least bail safely :lol:.

I'll see if I can dig up some old pics to scan and upload them.

I did a tandem jump as part of a charity fund raiser in ‘07 and it was probably the biggest high of my life (and I’ve done a lot of drugs).

The plane was some battered old thing that stunk of fuel and had all the chairs ripped out so it could hold about 12 people.

It was in a place called Dis, somewhere up north in the U.K. if I remember right it was about 14k feet and I nearly had a panic attack after we left the plane because the fall took my breath away.

In all it lasted about 10 minutes including the parachute descent and as soon as I hit the ground I wanted to go again but I’ve never got around to doing it a second time. Too expensive I suppose.

Now up to 38 jumps. 4 of which were in a noob friendly scrambles comp last weekend.
Pics from the 4th round :D

I'm in the orange lid!

FB_IMG_1525783897045.jpg
FB_IMG_1525783888431.jpg
FB_IMG_1525783877696.jpg
FB_IMG_1525783865908.jpg
FB_IMG_1525783856212.jpg
FB_IMG_1525783838432.jpg
FB_IMG_1525783831259.jpg
FB_IMG_1525783823826.jpg

Back